Extra Units and why??

Wacht am Rhein (Watch on the Rhein) was the German code name for this counter offensive. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about the weather this winter unless you were in the Ardennes during the winter of 1944! I simply love playing this game. Check out the new combat system when you can.
MiGraine

Extra Units and why??

Post by MiGraine » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:58 pm

I just got the bulge game. It is well thought out and elegant in concept. It has new ideas that work.

It appears that there was some last minute fudging of game force balance as there are quite a few UK artillery pieces; yet the reinforcements sheets do not show the british as having much artillery.

http://www.omegagames.com/

edit: hyperlink

elbowsanchez

Re: Paper Wars #60 Nov/Dec 2005

Post by elbowsanchez » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:42 pm

MiGraine wrote: It appears that there was some last minute fudging of game force balance as there are quite a few UK artillery pieces; yet the reinforcements sheets do not show the british as having much artillery.
Aloha MiGraine!

Hard to tell if they gave us extra pieces, which I find hard to believe.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:33 pm

how does the product compare from what you submitted to final version?

EM

Magbastard

Post by Magbastard » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Does anyone else have the problem with the lack of American infantry? My old man's game and my own game both have two infantry missing. Weird with the surplus of British artillery and the missing troops on the other side.
"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."- Erwin Rommel

Frimmel

Post by Frimmel » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:40 pm

My game is also "short" two US INF. It is not what one would hope for but as two US INF are usually killed by turn two at the latest it isn't a big deal.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:13 pm

I don't know alot about this but I do know that there is a customer service number that can be called. They send out needed pieces i'm sure.

warspite

Post by warspite » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Actually, the component inventory lists 20 US infantry, which is exactly what is provided. It is also exactly 2 infantry short of having all setup and reinforcement units. It is no great surprise to have a couple of US infantry die long before the last couple are needed, so just replace the dead ones to fill in for the shortage.

As was noted elsewhere, there is a surplus of artillery, for no clear reason. And WAY more chips than will ever be needed. I occasionally run up against the limits of available armor pieces, but am usually spread very thin at that point.

Oh, well. At least it's playable. :)
Don't miss.

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 pm

This is very disappointing and embarrassing. I don’t know how it happens? I always provide a piece count and but something always goes wrong. Pull my hair out. – Please call customer service.

Oh hi there Warspite – nice to see you here! Right you are, the component inventory should have listed 22 infantry.