Axis & Allies (Revised) Deluxed

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
Larry

Post by Larry » Mon May 07, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks.. Comments noted

CrazyStraw

Post by CrazyStraw » Fri May 11, 2007 11:32 am

Why is it that no one is willing to say what we all really want? All the thinking here is too small and too timid. Let's fix this NOW!

Motorized tanks - real tanks have motors, why is AvHill going cheap with IMMOBILE PLASTIC junk? Each tank should have it's own propulsion system and a maintenance manual. No live ordinance, however, because THAT would be silly.

Real, wet water - why a "board" instead of a "tray"? Boats can float, so much like the tanks they should be motorized and float in the deluxe version. AvHill should also supply the deluxe version with its own brand of bottled water to fill the game tray. That's the big product tie-in that could be sold alongside Gatorade at WalMart.

Personalities - Each infantry unit should have its own personality that dictates when it will and won't attack. Before going into combat with a stack of 30 inf, each inf should make a saving throw vs cowardice to see if they can move in. The personalities should also take into account whether they work well with mech units, air power, in amphibious landings, etc.

We need terrain bonuses. Some infantry should have "mountain defender" capabilities. Some units should be "swamp hounds". This idea that all infantry defend on a "2" is, frankly, insulting. Let's get REAL.

Ethiopia should be its own country separate from any Italian 6th power. That fact should be obvious to anyone with rudimentary knowledge of history in the Horn of Africa.

If AADel is going to truly try and represent reality, we need to have ALL possible historical outcomes covered. For that reason, there needs to be an optional set of rules for the involvement of extra terrestrials. Sure that (probably) didn't happen in the actual WWII, but if we're going to be true to what COULD have happened, a whole set of rules needs to be devised based on potential alien interaction.

I'm just trying to keep it real. I wish other people would do the same.
Last edited by CrazyStraw on Fri May 11, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carthago Delenda Est

Frimmel

Post by Frimmel » Fri May 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Now that was funny. :)

squirecam

Post by squirecam » Fri May 11, 2007 4:57 pm

CrazyStraw wrote:Why is it that no one is willing to say what we all really want? All the thinking here is too small and too timid. Let's fix this NOW!

Motorized tanks - real tanks have motors, why is AvHill going cheap with IMMOBILE PLASTIC junk? Each tank should have it's own propulsion system and a maintenance manual. No live ordinance, however, because THAT would be silly.

Real, wet water - why a "board" instead of a "tray"? Boats can float, so much like the tanks they should be motorized and float in the deluxe version. AvHill should also supply the deluxe version with its own brand of bottled water to fill the game tray. That's the big product tie-in that could be sold alongside Gatorade at WalMart.

Personalities - Each infantry unit should have its own personality that dictates when it will and won't attack. Before going into combat with a stack of 30 inf, each inf should make a saving throw vs cowardice to see if they can move in. The personalities should also take into account whether they work well with mech units, air power, in amphibious landings, etc.

We need terrain bonuses. Some infantry should have "mountain defender" capabilities. Some units should be "swamp hounds". This idea that all infantry defend on a "2" is, frankly, insulting. Let's get REAL.

Ethiopia should be its own country separate from any Italian 6th power. That fact should be obvious to anyone with rudimentary knowledge of history in the Horn of Africa.

If AADel is going to truly try and represent reality, we need to have ALL possible historical outcomes covered. For that reason, there needs to be an optional set of rules for the involvement of extra terrestrials. Sure that (probably) didn't happen in the actual WWII, but if we're going to be true to what COULD have happened, a whole set of rules needs to be devised based on potential alien interaction.

Someone needs a straightjacket.....er cookie...

Squirecam

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Sat May 12, 2007 3:44 pm

squirecam wrote:
CrazyStraw wrote:Why is it that no one is willing to say what we all really want? All the thinking here is too small and too timid. Let's fix this NOW!

Someone needs a straightjacket.....er cookie...

Squirecam
Squirecam- I'll let you be the one to give out the hugs. :wink:

Craig

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun May 13, 2007 2:01 pm

I think somebody just wants the game for people with an IQ of under 50 and to keep it that way.

Now slobs who are too lazy to do anymore than roll dice and say "its strategy ...really" can comfort themselves keeping everybody else as stupid as they are.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Also spracht der Ubermensch

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun May 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Ja!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.