Axis & Allies (Revised) Deluxed

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
squirecam

Post by squirecam » Tue May 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Imperious leader wrote:I think somebody just wants the game for people with an IQ of under 50 and to keep it that way.

Now slobs who are too lazy to do anymore than roll dice and say "its strategy ...really" can comfort themselves keeping everybody else as stupid as they are.
Did you even read his post ?????

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue May 15, 2007 3:26 pm

Didnt you see the hidden sarcasm in what he's getting after?

I did. He thinks we are after 'uber' historical changes and we are not. Just a few new ideas to change things up that are totally unrealistic. To portray our ideas in that manner is the craft of propaganda.

But who even cares about such things...
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sat May 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Larry: I just want to say that I like what you are doing with all of your games in how it feels like you are taking us up one level at a time... and not just jumping to the Advanced A&A model.. I believe this will help a large majority of players learn new things over time... if we was to jump right to the Adv A&A.. lots of folks would be over whelmed. Each new game keep some of the old but adding a few more advancements each time.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon May 21, 2007 2:38 pm

To me, deluxe game come with convoy zones and nation specific pieces to China and Italy, even if they are controlled by others.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 pm

Didn't quite know where to put this, but I wondered if people have seen these A&A "tutorial" videos? Check out the first turn UK purchase.

http://www.morrisongames.com/

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu May 24, 2007 9:00 pm

something like that certainly needs to be included, perhaps larry himself can teach us his new game in this fashion, fantastic catch flashman..!! It does not need to be some pricey fantastic production, just something simple, and to the point...easy... :P

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Thu May 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Add Italy to the Deluxe version, at least as an option to play as.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

allweneedislove

Post by allweneedislove » Fri May 25, 2007 9:38 am

if you want to see a very good variant with italy, one has already been created. it is called pact of steel in triplea.

go to http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

download the latest version of triplea gaming engine. then open up pact of steel to see how a team of gamers has made italy its own power.

the variant has been playtested and changed over time. there has even been a 30 player tournament using the pact of steel variant. it is now a very even game with only slight map modifications.

by the way i prefer revised over the italy variant and do not want to see italy as its own power in deluxe