Axis & Allies (Revised) Deluxed

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Serious changes are good for the game. It must evolve or fail. Rehash of old ideas is not the answer.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Harry

Post by Harry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:28 pm

An A&A Deluxe should, and presumably will become, much different from Revised.
With 10 or 12 side dice, and lots of additional rules, this will be another game, and not Revised 5th.ed.?
I'm a bit worried that an advanced A&A Deluxe will take much too long to finish as a board game.
If I can play A&A Deluxe on my computer then you can
implement all radical ideas you want, as long as the game is fun to play.

Dr. Shades

Post by Dr. Shades » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:23 am

Perhaps the details of this upcoming game have already been settled upon, but I'd really like to see either:
  • Axis & Allies: Europe and Axis & Allies: Pacific packaged into one game, with linking rules, advanced rules, etc. (as appropriate) included, or
  • A much cheaper, cost-effective linking kit with advanced rules, etc., (as appropriate) but not the board or pieces for people who already own the first two games.
I think it would be a serious step backward to produce a game with less territories and sea zones than what we already have in Axis & Allies: Europe and Axis & Allies: Pacific combined, no matter what additional rules, features, or units are included.

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 am

Dr. Shades wrote:Perhaps the details of this upcoming game have already been settled upon, but I'd really like to see either:
  • Axis & Allies: Europe and Axis & Allies: Pacific packaged into one game, with linking rules, advanced rules, etc. (as appropriate) included, or
  • A much cheaper, cost-effective linking kit with advanced rules, etc., (as appropriate) but not the board or pieces for people who already own the first two games.
I think it would be a serious step backward to produce a game with less territories and sea zones than what we already have in Axis & Allies: Europe and Axis & Allies: Pacific combined, no matter what additional rules, features, or units are included.
Check this out to see if it works for you:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=705

Craig

Dr. Shades

Post by Dr. Shades » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:32 am

I'm afraid the link didn't work for me.

What was decided upon in that thread?

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Black_Elk

Post by Black_Elk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 pm

I wish someone had told me about this thread two years ago, or even last year at this time. :(

I honestly can't believe nobody at tripleA mentioned this site to me, given how much thought I was putting into these same sorts of discussions over there.

I would have argued to take the game in a rather different direction from the one outlined here. Oh well, I guess at least I'll know where to go the next time something huge like this goes down.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm

don't worry, this is an "on going disussion" about DELUXE

I personally think the AA50 is the combined AAE and AAP that includes Italy.

I still hope deluxe comes out, but now it is time for AA50

oh yes, and welcome. We have your additional VC city board posted here somewhere, so we know who you are :)
-The evil Bert & friend