New pieces:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:08 am

Flashman wrote:Similarly, torpedo bomber hits damage only ships. Again, a 3-2 combat strength seems fine. In addition to this, I suggest that TBs only get one shot, and must spend the next round of combat returning to a carrier to rearm. DBs get maybe two bomb runs, then fight as normal fighters with lower combat values.
I've been reading Task Force One: The Wasted Assets of the United States Pacific Battleship Fleet, 1942 by David C. Fuquea from:
The Journal of Military History, Vol. 61, No. 4. (Oct., 1997), pp. 707-734.

If torpedo bombers are introduced, I propose that US battleships be ignore the 1st torpedo hit.
Pg 711, 712 - the USS West Virginia was hit by 7 torpedoes, but did not capsize since the crew had more than enough time to counter-flood. The reason for her survival lay in her torpedo defence system. The outer hull below the waterline featured 4 compartments void/water or oil filled/water or oil filled/void. After Pearl Harbor they received additional outboard torpedo defence blisters.
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank