Price:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 am

Comments noted

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:36 pm

This is funny.

Can I say that $ 150 is the limit ?

Hmm, just trying to figure out how much money I gave to A&A lookalikes, like Table Tactics and Xenon Games, Eagle Games etc, just to cannabalize more plastic for the main game.

I'd say 200 is my limit, as long as mr. Harris do deliver the promised stuff.

Eagle

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:43 pm

"SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET WHAT YOU REALLY WANT "

Winston Churchill as Navy Boss

when The Royal Navy ask for 6 battleships, the Royal Treasury offers 4, and Churchill settles for 8.

Larry, please spend the extra money and make a lot of new molds, that is what we really wants.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:11 pm

yes exactly!

As many as possible within budget.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:03 pm

I would buy your games for $200 each... but it might be best to keep affordable for most die hard A&A fans.. for lots of reason that don't need listed. $99 might be a good price?

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 pm

I doubt we can expect enough customers at the $100+ level. I may be wrong, and I would be happy to learn that I am wrong. I think there should be a selection of add-ons to attract the middle market bunch. Maybe what I have in mind is more in keeping with A&A Deluxe. I think there is a market for a large roll-up board. I think there is a market for a set of additional infantry pieces, say 1 new mold of 5 pieces for each nation. I think there is a market for a set of cruisers and navy style fighters (with possibly the ME 109 for Germany). The fighters and cruisers should come with additional BBs, DDs, CVs, SSs and transports for each nation, something like 2 or 3 per nation (maybe only 1 CV and BB). Use the same molds, but just sell a couple more to make the set more attractive for purchase. A set of fancy dice with special A&A logo or something. I would like to see ten dice for each player with the 1 being their nation logo, and the 3 being a special A & A logo (three characters and three spots). Each player's dice would have a special color, such as brown for the Russians, tan for the English, yellow for the Japanese, green for the United States and grey for the Germans.

These items would be popular among th existing community of A&AR players. These items could largely be produced using existing molds minimizing their manufacturing cost. Except for the cruisers, nothing requires new rules. This sort of intermediate level offering would be widely received if available for a modest price. It could also help renew interest among some and get them looking at this new variant you are formulating here.

Another possibility is to publish a 6-player (+Italy) map on the reverse side of the roll-up board and offer an Italian set of pieces (& dice) with 6-player rules.

I wish you good luck. I use this game to teach my son math. It is easier to do so when he is entertained in the process.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks - comments noted especially yours dinosaur

Rocky 99

Post by Rocky 99 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Over $100 seems excessive to me. I mean it would depend on what all options were involved, but for a casual player like myself I think a board game for over $100 would be an awful hard sell. I don't know if there are enough hardcore players to make that price point worthwhile.

For a casual player like myself, $70 or $80 seems like a lot, but if there was a much bigger map and cool new pieces, etc., I could see myself looking at double the price of the existing game that is out there.