You name it:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
elbowmaster

You name it:

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:20 pm

Larry wrote:...you name it.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:32 pm

This is a section to discuss the other topics which do not pretain to the other "sticky" threads.

axis_roll

Post by axis_roll » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:48 pm

If I had to choose amongst any improvement, it would be in the playability of the rules.

A game that doesn't boil down to the same playout. This is something many players seek with their own house rules.

There is no ONE rule set that is better when it comes to house rules... they all seek the ultimate goal: differnt startegies that can be employed to win the game. not like it was the best execution of this concept, but economic victory was another way to win, which used different strategies.

Is this possible/easy? I think LHTR comes close but needs some spicing up in the variety arena. subs are minimally used and playout can be similiar amongst top players.

just posting my concept of the 'best' edluxe game you can have.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Thanks Axis_roll. I've noted your comments

Deaths Head 420

Post by Deaths Head 420 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:03 am

If I could choose an improvement, it would to put Diplomacy into the game. Let Russia decide which side to fight on, or in other words, who they could set up alliances with. What if Stalin decided he didn't like something Britain had done and sided with Germany. After all they were uneasy "friends" at first. Hell Russia is where Germany Trained alot of it's armour units due to the treaty of Versai (sp.) and it's restrictions :shock:
This would affect the game greatly and help avoid the same ol same ol.
Also push the start date back pre Barbarossa and let Germany go first they are the agressor. Personally I like 1 GE. 2 Rus. 3.Japan. 4 Britain 5 Italy and 6 USA

The DELUXE must include Italy, It Must! :!:
The Axis Would of won Had I been in charge

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 am

Comments noted ...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Yea ill second that:
The DELUXE must include Italy, It Must! Exclamation
But also that the game starts at the beginning of barbarossa because you miss alot of strategy that would normally occur when the germans invade the Soviets and also the period when Japan had begun and achieved her conquests all this is missed because the game begins basically at the end of all this action when it should occur BEFORE this action occured.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Comments noted :roll: