Deluxe=All A&A games in 1 box

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.

Do you want all A&A games in one box ?

YES
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 12

adlertag

Deluxe=All A&A games in 1 box

Post by adlertag » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:09 am

Do you think the Deluxe box can be all the wellknown A&A games put together in one big box ?

One BIG box containing :

5 different maps :
1 Revised map, only 25 % larger
1 Europe map
1 Pacific map
1 D-Day map
1 Bulge map

Each nation got a tray with their nation specific pieces
1 tray with grey chips
1 tray with national tokens
Dices
Marshalling cards from Pacific with plastic tokens
All cards for the different games

Price 150 bucks

tekkyy

Post by tekkyy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:10 am

great value
environmentally sound
but I think they rather make more money ;)

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 pm

I think we could throw in some Chinese checkers and a Monopoly game too :wink:

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Adlertag... that is way beyond the scope of things... doing that would introduce all previous editions as obsolete.

What would be nice is a nice 36x48 two sided map:

1) side one is revised

2) side 2 is revised with more territories and italy,vichy france and a game starting in june 41.

no more than that.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:53 pm

D-Day and BOB are completely different types of game, at least they have a very different feel.

One possibility would be have Europe and Pacific included as stand alone games, but with both maps used as main theatres in a combined world game.

Europe would have to have the German Stack problem solved, though, ideally by using Victory Cities to spread out the action.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/8479/ ... Player.gif

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/8105/ ... 1Final.gif

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/7976/AAERS1939.gif

Frimmel

Post by Frimmel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:48 am

Imperious leader wrote:Adlertag... that is way beyond the scope of things... doing that would introduce all previous editions as obsolete.
Well IL this is along the lines of your advocating the inclusion of different rulesets/optional rules/optional setups for those who want them.

I think it might scare folks off though as most people only want to buy one game at a time don't they?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:04 pm

I really don't see the point. Anyone new to the games won't want to buy all of them without trying one first, and veterans will not want to duplicate what they already have.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Imperious leader wrote:
Adlertag... that is way beyond the scope of things... doing that would introduce all previous editions as obsolete.

Frimmel writes:
Well IL this is along the lines of your advocating the inclusion of different rulesets/optional rules/optional setups for those who want them.

---This would be a true statement if my proposed optional rules were IN the other games allready because it would make them obsolete if included yet again in Delux... But they are new ideas rather than old.

BTW I have made no ideas on changing the set up per se. All i have done was introduce a number of optional rules because i feel people who want something more substantial in way of realism may want to move outside the OOB Box on a number of topics.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.