Captured Industrial Complexes

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.

Should a power be able to produce units at captured ICs?

Yes, keep the rule as it is
18%
No, powers can only use their home factories
24%
Yes, but with limited production
59%

Total votes: 17

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:10 pm

But can you give me examples of actual units built in captured factories? I think allowing Germany to build 4 panthers in Stalingrad is nuts. They should have to build them in home complexes - getting them to the front then simulates the supply problems encountered the further you get away from your own industrial base.

FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 pm

From what I've been able to dig up, Japanese factories in occupied China, Manchuria and Korea manufactured rifles, LMGs, Bayonets and hand grenades. Other weapons are possible, but I have yet to find out.

So, at the very least war factories in these areas should be able to produce infantry units.

EDIT: Sources:
http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html
http://www.inert-ord.net/jap02h/grenades/t23/index.html
http://www.dragonsoffire.com/articles_C ... luence.htm
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:56 pm

I think we all agree on limited infantry placement in some non-IC areas, but this is far away from being able to produce fighters in a CAPTURED factory. Those you mentioned in China were considered Japanese "home" territory, and the fact that even having occupied Manchuria for many years the Japanese never though it practical to locate major war production there surely proves my point.

FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:24 pm

Flashman wrote:I think we all agree on limited infantry placement in some non-IC areas, but this is far away from being able to produce fighters in a CAPTURED factory. Those you mentioned in China were considered Japanese "home" territory, and the fact that even having occupied Manchuria for many years the Japanese never though it practical to locate major war production there surely proves my point.
However, one has to remember, that Japan took Mercantilism to the word - where its territories would supply raw materials, while Japan would produce finished goods.

Manchuria was never considered "home territory" but just a colony within the Empire. Iwo Jima and Okinawa were considered home territory to Japan.
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank

Protoford

Post by Protoford » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm

One of the joys of A&A is capturing Italy, and holding on to it for a round to bring in six armored units the next round. I understand the need to cripple this feature, but leave in the fun, and a reason to not lose an IC to the enemy besides losing the ability to produce at all. If Germany should liberate Italy, would it's production be reduced?