Guadalcanal box art

As is the case with all long marches, they must begin with a single first step. Guadalcanal was that first step. The long march was to Tokyo and it's about to begin again. At dawn the Marines will hit the beach and secure the airfield there. If all goes well it will be renamed Henderson field. If the Americans continue to have their way eventually all tthe islands known as the Solomon Islands will be theirs. Command either the Japanese or American land, sea and ground forces and rewrite the history of this critical struggle.
kerem

Guadalcanal box art

Post by kerem » Sat May 12, 2007 2:51 pm

tommy lee edwards is the name behind the beautiful illustrations for (AAR and the Bulge) several A&A games, and this is what he's done for Guadalcanal.

http://www.tommyleeedwards.com/portfoli ... &MaxRows=7
"Geführt wird vorne"

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Great art... hope the board is great too.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun May 13, 2007 4:26 pm

great find kerem!!
-The evil Bert & friend

GROGnads

oh really?

Post by GROGnads » Sun May 13, 2007 10:31 pm

So it was HE that was responsible for the inaccuracies with the "Bulge" box coverart? Let's hope that he does a much better 'job' on this next one eh? oops! too late, I espy 'one' with my BIG ole "eye"!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun May 13, 2007 11:25 pm

I love this artwork. Too bad hes not in charge of making the map. I'm quite sure AH has that same horrible artist working yet again. AAP is basically the only decent map, while D-Day and MB AA in second.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Vader218

Boxart for Guadalcanal game

Post by Vader218 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Looks decent. I like the imperial war flag (sunburst) coming through. I'd like to see a Japanese sniper, though.
So what inconsistancy did you "espy", Grog?

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon May 14, 2007 3:32 pm

Nimitz got a red potato-nose and the standing japanese infantryman looks like a poor noob. And the great powerful Battle-line is hidden behind, you almost dont see it. The box art from A&A Pacific was much better

GROGnads

this is it

Post by GROGnads » Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm

WHAT did I "espy" with my BIG ole "eye"? How about the FACT that there are USN "Battleships" here, when none of them were available at the time this 'Campaign' began there? There were some that took part in a November altercation, PLUS these ones depicted seem to be of the "Pennsylvania" CLASS of which one of those, the "Arizona" was SUNK and unraised or repaired, while it appears then that they show 1 of them steaming abouts, it looks like. The vessel in the background could be of the "Tennessee" CLASS, although neither were these around at the time this 'Campaign' was taking place. The naval "Battle of Guadalcanal" where actual "Battleships" went up against each other, resulted in the "Kirishima" being SUNK by the "Washington". Were either of those being depicted on this here? YOU tell ME!
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE