Cruiser colors

As is the case with all long marches, they must begin with a single first step. Guadalcanal was that first step. The long march was to Tokyo and it's about to begin again. At dawn the Marines will hit the beach and secure the airfield there. If all goes well it will be renamed Henderson field. If the Americans continue to have their way eventually all tthe islands known as the Solomon Islands will be theirs. Command either the Japanese or American land, sea and ground forces and rewrite the history of this critical struggle.
Herr Feldmarschall

Cruiser colors

Post by Herr Feldmarschall » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 am

So what was the deal with my cruisers? :?: Not to be a whiner or anyting, but they were all miscolored. i'm sure i'm not the first with this problem, but I'm just curious as to the cause? I already have sent an email to Wizards costomer Support.
But courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
--Erwin Rommel

Herr Feldmarschall

Post by Herr Feldmarschall » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 am

And one more thing- what would cruisers equate to in any other version ov A&A? I'm thinking 4/3 and costing 18 IPC. Thoughts, anyone?
But courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
--Erwin Rommel

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:18 pm

All of the games have this problem. It was a screw-up in production. You will be sent replacement cruisers in response to your e-mail.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:55 pm

If your a purist then cruisers are 3/3 move 2 and take 2 hits, and get one roll against all attacking planes hitting on a one ( like a AA on the sea)

This unit would cost 18.

If you want to do it right then destroyers are now eight ipc and attack/defend at 2 and cruisers are at 3/3 take two hits, move 3 and cost 14. Now the compensation is Battleships are reduced to 20 IPC and if they roll a one the hit can be allocated against any target of their choosing.

If you don't like the last attribute, then go with this:

All BB hits are preemptive ( loss is removed before the unit can return fire, unless its another battleship in which case both BB's fire and loses are allocated.

But this is standard AARHE stuff so i wont bore you.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Herr Feldmarschall

Post by Herr Feldmarschall » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I can assure you I'm not bored by any of that.Go into as many "boring" details as you think I might need. I'll be downloading it (AARHE) as soon as I can, but I'm at my Sister's right now for her birthday. I've got a gave going right now upstairs with my brother (Guadalcanal). It's only 2nd turn and he's already throwing the entire American navy into a massive ambush in the Slot. can't believe he's falling for it. SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
--Erwin Rommel

AC

Post by AC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:58 am

Herr Feldmarschall wrote:I can assure you I'm not bored by any of that.Go into as many "boring" details as you think I might need. I'll be downloading it (AARHE) as soon as I can, but I'm at my Sister's right now for her birthday. I've got a gave going right now upstairs with my brother (Guadalcanal). It's only 2nd turn and he's already throwing the entire American navy into a massive ambush in the Slot. can't believe he's falling for it. SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
He's not 3 years old is he????????

Herr Feldmarschall

Post by Herr Feldmarschall » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:02 am

AC wrote: He's not 3 years old is he????????
LOL no. But he is a noob.
--Erwin Rommel

AC

Post by AC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:46 pm

LOL. Just making sure.