Cruiser colors

As is the case with all long marches, they must begin with a single first step. Guadalcanal was that first step. The long march was to Tokyo and it's about to begin again. At dawn the Marines will hit the beach and secure the airfield there. If all goes well it will be renamed Henderson field. If the Americans continue to have their way eventually all tthe islands known as the Solomon Islands will be theirs. Command either the Japanese or American land, sea and ground forces and rewrite the history of this critical struggle.
Herr Feldmarschall

Post by Herr Feldmarschall » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:05 pm

LOL, good to check, at least. Dang... If he was three, how old would that make me :lol:
But courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
--Erwin Rommel

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 am

Herr Feldmarschall wrote:LOL, good to check, at least. Dang... If he was three, how old would that make me :lol:
I think you are moving away from the topic

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:31 am

Imperious leader wrote:cruisers are at 3/3 take two hits, move 3 and cost 14.
I dont know why I bother to answer you, because I have full faith in Larry doing the right thing.

HMS HOOD was a cruiser, and she sunk when hit by one shell

KM Bismarck was a battleship, and he was still sailing after hitted by hundreds of shells and numerous air attacks, and was sunk only after a lot of close torpedo attacks.

Can you see the difference ?

elbowsanchez

Tranny w/ AA gun

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:54 pm

long before revised, our group used to allow a transport to carry an aa gun for protection from air assaults. it acted just like the aa gun on land. See, we never played with commander in chief rules and that made it so usa could not land fighters on the uk carrier, made it hard for uk on t1. So we came up with the tranny aa gun rule. If the destroyer is adjusted to lower fee, say like 8 ipc, then crusier could be a 13ipc 3/3 unit move 2 and have shot at aircraft.

A 3 movement seems too much, unless leaving from a port.

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:17 pm

This should apply to A&A Advanced

Destroyer cost 8, move 2, att 2, def 2, and kill subs

Cruiser cost 12, move 2, att 3, def 3, and kill aircrafts

Battleship cost 24, move 2, att 4, def 4, and take two hits to sink

Carrier cost 16, move 2, att 3, def 3, and carrie one fighter

Sub cost 8, move 2, and act like in A&A Guadalcanal

Tranny cost 8, move 2, and take 2 land units as cargo