Naval Miniature Game for Guadalcanal

As is the case with all long marches, they must begin with a single first step. Guadalcanal was that first step. The long march was to Tokyo and it's about to begin again. At dawn the Marines will hit the beach and secure the airfield there. If all goes well it will be renamed Henderson field. If the Americans continue to have their way eventually all tthe islands known as the Solomon Islands will be theirs. Command either the Japanese or American land, sea and ground forces and rewrite the history of this critical struggle.
timerover51

Naval Miniature Game for Guadalcanal

Post by timerover51 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 am

Has anyone ever worked up a simple naval miniature combat game to use for Guadalcanal?

pellulo

Re: Naval Miniature Game for Guadalcanal

Post by pellulo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am

I'm sure from the Naval & Air Minis you can build up forces for one of those many sea clashes that occurred there during the war. Using a sea board from the small version of the Jutland game(not the large AH game, it did not use a board), while you put up the symbols for the main islands, you can make up your own game(the sea minis stat cards will give you most of the information).

Who knows maybe AH will make up some "Sea Packs" for the Holiday Season(yea and Santa Clause is really a female saint), thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

timerover51

Re: Naval Miniature Game for Guadalcanal

Post by timerover51 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:51 pm

I was just wondering, as I am in the process of working some up for it. I have all of the data for the various ships involved, but do need to figure out a good way to handle ship combat at night.