Guadalcanal - AA Guns

As is the case with all long marches, they must begin with a single first step. Guadalcanal was that first step. The long march was to Tokyo and it's about to begin again. At dawn the Marines will hit the beach and secure the airfield there. If all goes well it will be renamed Henderson field. If the Americans continue to have their way eventually all tthe islands known as the Solomon Islands will be theirs. Command either the Japanese or American land, sea and ground forces and rewrite the history of this critical struggle.
mouser911

Guadalcanal - AA Guns

Post by mouser911 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 am

Question: Can AA guns be destroyed once on an island? I know they can be destroyed while on a transport. I can't find anything about this anywhere. Also, if you defeat the enemy land forces, what happens to the enemy AA guns? I might be missing something obvious but I would like to know since I just purchased this game.

timerover51

Re: Guadalcanal - AA Guns

Post by timerover51 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 pm

mouser911 wrote:Question: Can AA guns be destroyed once on an island? I know they can be destroyed while on a transport. I can't find anything about this anywhere. Also, if you defeat the enemy land forces, what happens to the enemy AA guns? I might be missing something obvious but I would like to know since I just purchased this game.
Unlike virtually all of the other Axis & Allies games, AA guns can be destroyed by making the correct throw in the battle box.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 am

Also, if there are still AA guns, you haven't defeated all of the enemy land units.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

mouser911

Post by mouser911 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm

I thought that might be the case but I was unsure... Thanks for clarifying!