Reinforcement Tank Movement

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Mingler1

Reinforcement Tank Movement

Post by Mingler1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:58 pm

I've played A&A:D-Day since it first came out, and I've always played that when tank reinforcements hit the mapboard, they stopped in the first area, whether they were met by enemy units or not. This was true for Allied tanks hitting the beach (Card #10) or German tanks during their reinforcement phase (Card #15).

Recently, however, I played a friend who stated that tanks could move two areas when entering for reinforcements, just as they can move two areas when they normally move (assuming they don't hit an enemy unit). I set out to find the rule that proved him wrong, and really scoured both the rules and the AH/Hasbro FAQ, but I was unsuccessful. No rule exists talking about tank movement during reinforcement.

Normally, I would say unless a rule tells you can do something, you can't. In this case, my friend makes a good case that unless the rules specifically say you can't move two during reinforcement, you can, just as you can during regular movement.

So which is it? I need an official ruling so I can play this game the right way, whichever way it is. Thanks!

Krieghund

Re: Reinforcement Tank Movement

Post by Krieghund » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Reinforcements don't move, as the movement phase is over. They are simply placed on the board in the appropriate spaces.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Mingler1

Re: Reinforcement Tank Movement

Post by Mingler1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Many Thanks, Krieghund, for your quick reply!