additional D-Day questions

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Bothwell

additional D-Day questions

Post by Bothwell » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi folks .Looking for 2 questions answered about dday. On turn 10 of a game i played recently I was germany and had one last remaining soldier unit in st lo. However he was destroyed by the usa on the last roll of dice for the combat. If he had lived would germany have won as both armies were still locked in combat ? As the rulebook isnt too clear on how u control a territory. The usa had about 7 units in st lo at the time and were in control of it. Also can someone please explain specifically the strafing tactic card. my friends believe this entitles u to an immediate dice roll to where u put ur reinforcements?

Thanks.
Bothwell

Krieghund

Re: additional D-Day questions

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Bothwell wrote:On turn 10 of a game i played recently I was germany and had one last remaining soldier unit in st lo. However he was destroyed by the usa on the last roll of dice for the combat. If he had lived would germany have won as both armies were still locked in combat ?
Germany won the game. The Allies must control all three victory city zones for a complete turn. If they don't control all three at the end of turn 9, they can't possibly win.
Bothwell wrote:As the rulebook isnt too clear on how u control a territory.
You control a zone if you have the only land un its in that zone. See page 10 of the rulebook.
Bothwell wrote:Also can someone please explain specifically the strafing tactic card. my friends believe this entitles u to an immediate dice roll to where u put ur reinforcements?
Your friends are right. Strafing occurs any time an Axis unit moves into or out of a zone containing one or more Allied fighters, including Axis reinforcements entering play.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok