I love the D-Day concept!

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
TMTM

I love the D-Day concept!

Post by TMTM » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:27 pm

I love how this game is setup... which I think is not only fun but educational... makes you think more about what happen during WWII and the battles that take place. A&A and A&A Revised are great too.. you get to be the President in the war room... controling your amry around the world... but with the D-Day game you get to be the General and run your campaign. I like those Tactics and Fortune cards because without them the game can become mundaine... but with them each game is never the same.. I would say I never get bored playing D-day... the action is fast so each player gets their turn to do something very fast... so make some more games about the other great battles of WWII!

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:59 pm

I'd like to do the Battle of the Bulge and maybe Guadalcanal or Midway

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:52 am

i second that mr harris, but in the other order...seems only fair to have a navy game next, or even combination of...ive been thinking a battle for britain would be a fun tacticle game...but your the creator, and id really like any game in the axis&allies series...

-cheers

-elbowmaster

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:50 am

Thanks Elbow... nice of you to stop by.

ChristophfromGermany

More tactical A&A games

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:56 am

I like A&A D-Day a lot, it´s the perfect game if you have just one evening time to play, all the advanced games take much more time to finish.

I would buy more of these games, even from a graphic point of view, it´s the best so far.

Midway sounds good, Stalingrad or Kursk even better, but perhaps I am a bit biased. Just look at my name...
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:59 am

DELETED

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:26 am

elbowmaster take out the trash please....
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:35 pm

Larry wrote:I'd like to do the Battle of the Bulge and maybe Guadalcanal or Midway
IS THIS TRUE ? :shock:

Hmmm,,its not a bad idea, since you already got all molds for the plastic pieces, and standard rules known to all A&A fans, and the cards from D-day may be used too.

Hi, all you need is actually a new Map !!

Just print a map for each of the battlefields, like Bulge, Midway, Stalingrad and Crete, and supply the box with plastic pieces, cards and rules that already exist. You can make an A&A line money machine, you little .....

But then we changed our mind and made A&A Minis. :lol: :lol: