Balancing Factor - Unlimited Fighters?

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:26 pm

:wink:

getstrafed

Aircraft Replacement

Post by getstrafed » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Yeah Pete

I am not accustomed to you disagreeing with me!

You bum, I was saying that the Allied aircraft should be replaced each turn but with some sort of penalty for the loss.

It's dumb for there to be no Allied aircraft left near the end of the game (not to mention frustrating)

If and when German AA knocks out fighters, they get the benefit of less strafing that turn - that should be the only harm done to the nearly limitless supply of planes we had.

There should be no Luftwaffe result - it needs to be something different. The New Airfield result would also need some tweaking...

Trust me, this could be the beginning of a good fix for this game. Let's work on it.

Please excuse Pete's anger toward me - I recently kicked his ass at a game of PBEM Fortress America and he is trying to reclaim his lost dignity!

Ahh HAH HAHAHH hahah hahahah ahhhaaaaaa! :lol:

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Steve -
I get now what you were suggesting, and if that's what you need to win as the Allies, then it's okay with me! :wink: :D

I prefer to except the challenge of lossing some aircraft and still beating the crap out of the German player, but I won't hold your weakness' against you! :P :lol:

Yes! You did prove to be a superior American player in FA, and deserve the honorary title of "FA King"! Shit, if i sucked at D-Day too, I'd also brag about my "other" victories!! :P :wink: :lol: :D

As soon as someone figures out how to play D-Day via the internet, you and me's gunna face off, Yankee boy!

Your friend in Texas,
Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:01 pm

to tell yo the truth I never find myself putting more then the 4 on a zone... and the allies still win.... so I don't see the big hype...
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

getstrafed

Post by getstrafed » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:21 pm

Guerrilla,

I do not think you seem to understand what we is talking about.

I did not mean to imply that the Allies should get more than 4 fighters per zone, I meant that they should not permanently lose fighters.

-Steve

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:29 am

getstrafed wrote:Guerrilla,

I do not think you seem to understand what we is talking about.

I did not mean to imply that the Allies should get more than 4 fighters per zone, I meant that they should not permanently lose fighters.

-Steve

ahhhh.... well in that case I thought of just make Art have to make 2 AA hits or roll sn ake eyes...
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:29 am

comments noted :? :roll:

ChristophfromGermany

Fighters and Bombers

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:15 pm

After a few games of A&A D-Day during the last days I don´t think this game is really unbalanced. O.K., I am an experienced A&A player while my opponents were newbies and so I led the AEF to victories. At the start I hardly take a risk loosing my fighters, later in the game this is unavoidable.
Just because someome has been lucky to shoot down getstrafed´s fighters is no reason at all to change the rules.
I guess every A&A player can tell some stories of lost battles, that could not have been lost in theory. I myself for example, remember a game (MB classic game), where I shot down two Japanese fighters with a single UK transport off the coast of India, thus preventing two Japanese transports to start an amphibious assault on India.
Tough luck is tough luck and that´s what games including dice are all about. If you want to avoid this, play chess (I love it).
But in chess an expert always will beat the newbie while in A&A even my unexperienced son can bring me on the edge of losing a game. And that´s more fun for both of us.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)