Alternate Beach Landing

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Guerrilla Guy

Alternate Beach Landing

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:05 am

My Idea posted over on the Avalon Hill Boards... Enjoy!

Note: The Following has not been playtested so try out this at your own risk (or whatever risk I incur )...

After reading a bit of disgusted threads as to the too one-track-playout of Dday I determined to balance this out... I think getting rid of the beachheads zones as-they-are is the answer...

So Therefore Beach landing Variant 1.0 is born:

The Allies at the Start of the Game determine Beach Heads zones, 5 total at any coastal zone. The Paratroopers may now land in any Coastal zone or in any zone adjecent to a beachhead(the new ones obviously). The axis player now rolls one die... the # shown is the amount of units he can put into play off his reinforcement chart(left to right, top to bottom) at any reinforcement zone. the nujmber is also the amount of units he may replace on the game board to a new location aside from a beachhead.

Play as normal except now Reinforcements to the Americans scan be landed anywhere.

Thoughts?

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:13 pm

will give it a shot on our next d-day event ;)

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:40 pm

Thanks elbow! Beaches stay the same starting wise and you must clarify which beach is relocated where... tell me how it goes... I will try to get a game of it in this week and tell you how it went...

GG

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:12 pm

OK Elbow couple extra things... the Reinforcements for the Germans are from both charts with the same number for each... also the allies cannot land in Cherbourg...