theres a first time for everything

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
randy66

theres a first time for everything

Post by randy66 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:46 am

in my 14 years as an a&a player i never thought it would come to this, but i really find this game boring...enough said!
...when theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:14 am

Randy66,
I accept that not all people agree on the same things, and we are all entitled to our opinions.
I wonder if you would be kind enough to elaborate on why you found it boring?

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:35 pm

i think this game is geared to novice gaming, and getting more people interested in the axis and allies line...

and in d days case...

it worked for some in my gaming group...we are now just gaming revised / but we are also working on some newer versions of global conflict based closely to butlers combined game, but using different IPC values for countries...

we hope the boards will be more active participants this time with new version...we feel that many great ideas are overlooked by the designers...

we also feel that it message board members could "fill in the blanks"

more later...

-cheers

-elbowmaster

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:40 pm

I guess Randy66 does not care to elaborate on his opinion that D-Day was boring.
I found the game to be a nice change of pace and fun, not everyone has the time to always sit down to a game of classic or revised A&A, and i'm glad that there is now a A&A game that can be finished in under two hours.

I do hope that they (AH) will continue to put out Battle specific games such as this.

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:37 pm

Right! If you want a world at war game you just buy A&A Revised... these battle specific games can get more into the details of it's part of the war.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:09 pm

I like d day for many reasons , mainly that its real quick and easy. classic struggle.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:46 pm

I think is an almost perfect game for what it wants and needs to be.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:53 pm

For what it’s worth - I like (love) D-Day a lot. I think it fits into the Axis & Allies line very well. It offers a somewhat fresh and different approach to Axis & Allies game mechanics. It’s quick to play. It’s exciting right up to the last die roll.
More importantly—
It’s a GREAT introductory game for newbe’s. Cut someone’s’ teeth on this one and you’ve got a playing partner for life.