what should be next?

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.

Which battle should be next?

Midway
18%
Kursk
12%
The Bulge
18%
Stalingrad
33%
France 1940
14%
Iwo Jima
5%

Total votes: 66

trihero

Post by trihero » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:18 am

Should switch your name to Harry Larris....for some reason I keep mixing up the name :P

rawdawg

Post by rawdawg » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:07 am

I would like to see maybe an african campaign. The Germans would have to take Al Elmain or some other cities In x amount of turns or The US tropps would land to the west. Or maybe even a battle for china.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 pm

I want to see just a russian campaign from june 41 to may 45... something like a classic game but with pieces. Id like it card driven and have the italians, finalnd and all those minor axis allies in light grey. I want german elephant tanks, SU-122, heavy tanks and SS troops, id like time, winter and terrain to be very important as well as supply. Id like the map to go about 1/2 up the finnish nation and be from berlin to the Urals and south to include all of turkey.. so we can add them into some varient. Id like it framed in such a way as modular to other future projects including western europe ( france 44+40 and sealion) and a central europe map including the italian campaign.
lastly id like a north africa campaign that will connect to all the other boards. This would be something indeed.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

rawdawg

Post by rawdawg » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 am

I would also like to see something that would include airborne, medics, and other special units.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:03 pm

The problem with Medic units is that they really become "historically" helpful on a platoon level game, not on Battalion, Brigade, or Division Level... In Larry's Battle of the Bulge game there is rumor that there will be Heavy Tank Battalions and Mechanized Infantry, so they are realizing that the fans want specialty units created. We just have to keep banging on this electronic gate, till Larry obeys our every whim! :wink:

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:10 pm

Yooo GG
I love your quote, but correct sorrounded to read surrounded. It works better.

Larry
"We're airborne. Were supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 4th Infantry Division Soldier after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:00 pm

Thanks Larry, the typo, which I know Dick Winters didn't have in that wonderful statement is corrected. :wink:

Not that you corrected that inconsistency can you please give us another game and we will worship you with what little is left over from buying AaA Revised games for parts...

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:43 pm

I'm working my butt off...
Deep into Guadalcanal

Larry

"We're airborne. We're supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 4th Infantry Division Soldier after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne