what should be next?

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.

Which battle should be next?

Midway
18%
Kursk
12%
The Bulge
18%
Stalingrad
33%
France 1940
14%
Iwo Jima
5%

Total votes: 66

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:57 pm

This is a great Topic... went on and on for 2 years! Looking back... how much we learned to read the "signs" of the next upcoming games.

D-Day...
then... Battle of the Bulge...
now... Guadalcanal...

and next...? Stalingrad? Alamein?...

One follow up in the pacific series might be Leyte Gulf but until that one, whats to come first?

If Stalingrad, what can we expect? A substitute fot russian artillery is a "must" I suppose...Katyusha? Probably a new halftrack piece. This game would envolve supplies and transportation. Italian or Romanian units I dont think so, they were much coordinated by German forces so no need for that.

If Alamein, logistics also present and new Italian units are a must. The halftrack can make its appearence as well. The british tank must change to something more correct... Matilda or Churchill maybe.

Admiral_Thrawn

Post by Admiral_Thrawn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 am

For me a North African Campaign would be my vote. Italian pieces and great strategy and logistic issues. Who doesn't want to command the Afrika Korps or beat them back as the Desert Rats?
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that seperate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter." - Grand Admiral Thrawn

pellulo

Borrowing from the MemoiX '44 people...

Post by pellulo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:56 pm

...how about a Meditarrian Game, includes North Africa, Malta, Gibraltar, Sicly and Southern Italy; Nustro Mar for sea and air action. Bypass Greece as being the end of the Balkans (we'll skip with the Italians on the verge of being defeated in N. Africa, Churchill sent the army onto a adventure in Greece and Crete).

Also bypass the Allied invasion of Southern France. Thanks, Pellulo

PS The timeline would be from 1939-1943.
Pellulo

thehero

Re: what should be next?

Post by thehero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:57 pm

I would like a med game. That would be good. We could have Italy winning by getting X victory points. These would come from distroying Brittish Battleship, capturing important cities such as Ciro and, of corse, oil felids.

England has to hold them off for X turns.
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. ~Voltaire, War

The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it-George Orwell

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Of course you can look at the flip side of things, quantity of games DOES NOT mean quality(rather see a good game every other year, than mediocre one every six months ), thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

love-sites

Post by love-sites » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:17 am

I thingk the next will be Stalingrad :D
Find my beutiful japanese girl ,make my parents live happily,enjoy the life.
china gift ideas