D-Day Run down

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Cmdr Jennifer

D-Day Run down

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Other than the fact the game has cards and a map that is not the whole world (as far as I can tell) what major differences am I going to find between Classic and D-Day?

My 9 year old (soon to be 10 as of the day after Christmas) loves the classic game and after talking to Larry via PM, he recommended D-Day. So I got that, but obviously, I cannot just open the box and pull the rules out!

Without getting into strategy (I want it to be a fresh game to even the playing field out some) what major differences are there between the two games? No pieces only?
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Krieghund

Re: D-Day Run down

Post by Krieghund » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:58 pm

There are many more differences between the two games than there are similarities. The best thing that you can do is forget that D-Day has "Axis & Allies" in the title and approach it as a completely different game.

The rules can be found here, and the FAQ here. Have fun. I'm sure your son will enjoy it!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Cmdr Jennifer

Re: D-Day Run down

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Uhm...okay. It still has the pretty models I hope!

Thanks for the FAQ (that I'll read ahead of time - I don't want the rules because that'll start predisposing my ideas...he does not get that benefit, he does not know he's getting the game!)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!