Question about movement

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.
Jackal

Question about movement

Post by Jackal » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Let's say im Germany and i have 2 Infantry in St Lo. The 3 territories behind St Lo all have 8 German units.

The Allied player puts 4 fighters on St Lo to prevent German reinforcements to reach St Lo.

Let's say i move 6 German units (from one of the 3 territories i have German troops in) to St Lo.

The German troops gets strafed by the 4 fighters and only 2 survive, making the total of German units in St Lo 4 now.

Can i move any more German units into St Lo untill i have reached 8? Either from the same territory the 6 German troops came from and/or the other 2 territories?

Krieghund

Re: Question about movement

Post by Krieghund » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm

No. You must declare all the units that are entering or leaving any zones that are subject to strafing before moving any of them. Your declared moves must be legal under the stacking limitation. You can’t declare that ten units will move into a zone with the expectation that two will be destroyed by enemy fighters, and you can't move in additional units after removing strafing casualties.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Jackal

Re: Question about movement

Post by Jackal » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 am

Krieghund wrote:No. You must declare all the units that are entering or leaving any zones that are subject to strafing before moving any of them. Your declared moves must be legal under the stacking limitation. You can’t declare that ten units will move into a zone with the expectation that two will be destroyed by enemy fighters, and you can't move in additional units after removing strafing casualties.

Thank You Krieghund even with the FAQs my friends still wouldnt believe this was true now im absolutely sure about it :)