AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
LyrandisX

Re: AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Post by LyrandisX » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm

A vote for a reprint, I'm not gonna churn out $300 for a game that is more expensive than Europe 1940, Pacific 1940, and WW1 1914 combined, and yet has less to offer than any of the games I listed on their own

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:40 pm

A reprint will come out(heaven forbid WOTC losses a chance to make money), but, has to be different in parts or design, to allow first edition to retain its value, thanks Pellulo

PS Now if WOTC wants to make an exact copy of first edition, who am I to complain.
Pellulo

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

I think that one issue (among the many issues) that keeps them for doing a reprint is the actual physical design of the original game. The size of the map panels and game box was a unique, but unwieldy choice.

But that shouldn't be a problem. All that would be needed to solve such an issue would be to fold the three game board panels in half. Then stack the eight parts bins in two layers of four. That way you end up with all the goodies of the first edition in a package that is more in line with the boxes of the other A&A editions like Revised and AA42.

Check it out. If you do have a copy of the first edition, take the time to measure it out and see for yourself. It isn't rocket science. But then again, the way WotC/AH/Hasbro seems to do things, you sure get the impression that it is.

This is all just a pipe dream anyway. The "cheap and easy" version of Anniversary is already out there. It's called AA42 second edition. Sad.

markxcool

Post by markxcool » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:10 am

Here is my post to count as a vote to do a reprint of AA50.

Sure, it was limited edition and should stay that way - the reprint just needs a few tweaks to be truly different, while maintaining what makes AA50 the king of all AA games (e.g. change the art work, tinker with the map, dabble with the size...).

There is absolutely no reason not to publish the equivalent of AA50 while keeping the integrity of the limited edition - this happens all the time and is easier than many here seem to realize (think repackaging, marketing...).

What are you waiting for WOC/AH? Please don't piss off your fans - instead, provide supply for this demand and make us go crazy happy all over again :D
Toronto Airport Axis and Allies Gaming (Canada)

GSmorey

Post by GSmorey » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:46 am

Now, Maybe I might be the odd one out here by not wanting to read through all 17 pages of this thread, but IMHO, just because one did not get the memo, or cared to read it when it came out, it was intended to be a limited print run. Keep it that way. Maybe, a new one will be in the works for another milestone? But then again, I wouldn't hold your breath. I would however take Yopes advice... :idea:
Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM
SmoreySwamp: Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM: GEN CON, ORIGINS, Spring Gathering
Web: headlesshorseman2.com

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.