New Rules in the reprint of A&A Anniversary Edition?

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
ChristophfromGermany

New Rules in the reprint of A&A Anniversary Edition?

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 am

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that Wizards of the Coast announce the reprint of the famous Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition, stating on their website that:
»Upon its release nearly a decade ago, the Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition became an instant classic! Now this deluxe board game, designed by Larry Harris, returns with rulebook updates and streamlined gameplay. With over 650 playing pieces including the largest board ever created for an A&A game, this beloved board game is a must have for the strategy gamer enthusiast.«

The reprint is available at several online-stores, so please help yourself everybody :D

Now I would like to know what the rulebook updates are. Unfortunately WotC don't offer a download of the rulebook. So does anyone know what has changed in order to »streamline« gameplay. And does the game come with new sculpts, perhaps nation-specific ones for Italy (they used to have German pieces in brown), or are they all the same as in the old Edition from 2009?
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

Krieghund

Re: New Rules in the reprint of A&A Anniversary Edition?

Post by Krieghund » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am

No rules have changed. The Rulebook was simply updated with the errata and FAQs, as well as some clarifications.

The sculpts are the same as those from the current 1942 second edition. Italy has the same mix of sculpts as before (unique infantry and tank, German and Japanese everything else).
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

ChristophfromGermany

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello Krieghund,

thank you for your immediate reply! Good to know that the new artillery pieces made it into the game. I ordered the nation-specific pieces for Italy from the 1940 Europe edition at an online-shop. What would we do without the internet :lol:

Perhaps Wizards of the Coast publish the rule book of this edition in the future as they did with nearly all the other rule books.
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 am

ChristophfromGermany wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm
Good to know that the new artillery pieces made it into the game.
Oops! Sorry, I misspoke. The minis are from the 1st edition of 1942, not the second, so the new artillery are not there.
ChristophfromGermany wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm
Perhaps Wizards of the Coast publish the rule book of this edition in the future as they did with nearly all the other rule books.
They have told me that they will.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok