National Objectives:

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:49 pm

hakan wrote:
House Rule Soviet National Objective
Despite the Lend Lease route (symbolized with the 5 IPC gain if Soviet control Archangels), UK and USA only cooperated with the Soviet Union because they had a common enemy; the Nazi Germany. Churchill would never allow the communist entering their territories, and Stalin would never sacrifice Soviet forces to defend them. Hence, you may add the following line in the Soviet National Objective:

- Gain 5 IPCs if no other Allied forces are present in a territory controlled by the Soviet Union, and if no Soviet forces are present in any other Allied territory, and if the Soviets control Archangels.

House Rule Japanese National Objective
Until the very last days of the war, there existed a Non-Aggression Pact between Soviet and Japan. To simulate this, House Rule 8 above actually gives a 5 IPC penalty if Soviet attack Japanese territories in China (i.e. entering an Allied territory). To also make it less favorable for Japan to attack Soviet, you may add this line in the Japanese National Objective:

- Gain 5 IPCs if Axis powers control all of the following territories: Manchuria, Kiangsu, French Indo-China/Thailand, and if no Japanese forces are present in any Soviet territory.
Larry, what do you think about these optional rules (as well as the mentioned Gibraltar and Baltic rules). I think that they are great additions to the optional rules in the FAQs. Also, I think Heavy Bombers should be reduced to the LHTR version of this tech.

About the neutrality- cool idea but allowing that will open up a can of worms strategically. Even if you make the penalty- $20 for violating or $10 bucks a turn for the rest of the game. There will be many gambits to do this anyway that can really mess up game balance- so I vote NO on violating neutrals like Classic. Besides this didn't happen in the real war did it?

Questioneer
:D

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:32 pm

questioneer wrote:so I vote NO on violating neutrals like Classic. Besides this didn't happen in the real war did it?

Questioneer
:D
Japanese tanks should NOT be allowed in Moscow - because it didn't happen in the real war, did it ?

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 am

Adlertag- you're right... I have been neglectful with my posting responsibilities. So here I am talking to you about making it officially possible for you to fullfill your boyhood dreams of invading (and now SBRing) neutral Sweden. Nope, I'm not going to do it.

As for my neglectfulness... Right now I am in one of those black-out periods that happen every now and then. I am in the middle of one of the biggest Axis & Allies design projects of my life (and that's all I have to say about that). But I will add - why not have both National Objectives and Convoys at the same time?

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 am

Thanks Questioneer - I don't think it would do the game any good one way or the other to allow movement into neutrals, at any cost. I kind of look at them as some realities of that period. Why not simply embrace and accept them in the game as what they are? Other than perhaps Spain and Turkey none of the existing neutrals have much strategic value. I do think that from a design point of view allowing either of these two countries to be invaded and controlled would really upset game balance. I think more would be lost than gained in the overall feel of the game. For the record - I have given much thought to the Neutrality question and have decided to simply not permit it. Stick around however, perhaps Adlertag will manage to change my mind.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:26 pm

I hope you reconsider your stance on neutrals. A few pieces here or there wont imbalance the game anymore than heavy bombers and the diplomatic rules to convert neutrals should be just like Technology.

Now its clear that the allies would consider invading spain like they did often in MB days, but you just have a rule that the axis are the only ones that can plunder, and you just don't give them any money when they do this to represent sabotage and refusal to submit to tyranny.

Please just playtest this out while you got people working on the new version of Axis and Allies Europe with Italy.

Yes i know.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Imperious leader wrote:I hope you reconsider your stance on neutrals.
Larry I hope you reconsider ignoring Impy's post here.

Oh yeah, remember to release the new AAEurope and Pacific on V-E day and V-J day of 2010- 65th anny of all WW2 heroes- it makes a perfect touch- way to capstone your series Larry!!!

P.S. I know too- your too predictable- that's OK- I forgive you. :D

P.S.2- you can pay me later :wink:

Questioneer

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Imperious leader wrote:
Please just playtest this out.....
Its amusing how Larry makes you beg...beg...beg ...he makes you weak and soft.... you have no power in this message board .... here you are a simple beggar.....obey... and I will give you a new toy

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 pm

questioneer wrote:
65th anny of all WW2 heroes-
In a war there are no heroes - only killers and victims