Cruisers:

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
elbowmaster

Cruisers:

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Larry wrote:Cruisers: This unit, although seen in Axis & Allies Guadalcanal, will make its first appearance in a global game in this anniversary game. It will cost 12 IPCs. Attack and defense numbers are 3/3 and it moves 2. It can also participate in offshore bombardment.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 pm

ok, I can see this one, even in this scale it is easy to determine ship class.

but what about the Prinz Eugen, looks like the back end was chopped off. Perhaps a little jewlers filing will do the trick. Working on getting some of these painted to post soon.

reference link
-The evil Bert & friend

pennstate1

Post by pennstate1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:06 pm

I have a question. If a cruiser or battleship is off the coast of a hostile territory can it bombard that coast without an amphibious assault, or must there be an amphibious assault underway before they are allowed to bombard?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Welcome, Pennstate1!

There must be an amphibious assault in order for cruisers or battleships to bombard.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Builder_Chris

Re: Cruisers:

Post by Builder_Chris » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 pm

I really like the cruiser unit too. It really helps to even out the economy of scale with regards to the IPC and mechanics of all the sea units. When combined with the new rules for the transport, destroyer and subs, I think its great and rounds out the sea units really good. And I like that it too can bombard.

I also really like the rule regarding bombardment in general...one shot per unit being dropped off instead of one shot for each ship even if you only dropped one unit. no more huge fleets doing bombardment when they dropped one unit so they could weaken the defenders forces with very little cost to the attacking player. A couple of rounds of that just made bombardment a major force in the game. Great revision to the rule and pieces!