UK Factory in India

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
ChristophfromGermany

UK Factory in India

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 am

Am I the only one missing a UK factory in India? And how often do you guys buy one on UK T1? Or could the UK factory in India be part of a bid?

The UK factory was added in AA1942 Second Edition and I think this factory is vital to prevent Japan from attacking Russia right away, which I always find very annoying as it is so unhistorical.

The alternative would be a Non Aggression Pact between Russia and Japan which is an optional rule in AA 1941, but not in any other A&A game. With such a rule, Japan surely must go against India and the only way to defend it would be placing a factory on UK T1. On the other hand: Once lost, this factory is a huge advantage for Japan.

What are your thoughts about that?
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)

ChristophfromGermany

Re: UK Factory in India

Post by ChristophfromGermany » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:27 am

Yesterday I had another game of Axis & Allies 1941 with a friend and I noticed, that in this edition both India AND Australia have got an Industrial Complex printed on their territories. Unfortunately there is only few money in this game so the IC in Australia is hardly ever used. But India should have one in AA50 right from the start. How is Britain ever going to play a role in Asia if it can't place any units there?
ChristophfromGermany

No decent man can prefer war to peace, because at peace-time the sons burry their father while at war, the father burries his sons. (Herodot)