So we played another game of 42 yesterday

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
SithlordRPGA

So we played another game of 42 yesterday

Post by SithlordRPGA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Game report, the game actually went for 13 rounds befor an Axis victory.

I was stuck playing Russia (I am better at played Axis so I wasn't really used to a strategy for Russia)

Long story short by turn four Russia was pretty much pushed back to Moscow but I did manage to hold Moscow until the end of the game, thanks to a huge defense and some amazing rolls of defense. Every time I lost territory in Russia the attacking nation lost 2 peices to each of my one so I made them really work for their wins.

Japan just exploded on turn 2 and took over the Pacific and never lost it.

The US was able to get a foot hold in Africa to help the UK .

But the allies main down fall was UK wouldn't do anything to help anyone else. The UK player was only looking out for himself. He only took easy fights like in Africa and then on turn 9 he finally attacked Norway only to lose it one turn later.
He left me (Russia) to handle all of Gemany in Europe and left US to hold off Jpana in China. Actually as Russia I even sent some fighters into China to pick off Japanese infantry to try to help the US.

The other problem was UK ignored the factory in India until like turn 5 and by then Germany had swept through lower Russia and had a path to India. He used the factory once to build some ships (never any land units) and then Germany walked in and took over India.

Just giving a report of how our game went.

WILD BILL

Re: So we played another game of 42 yesterday

Post by WILD BILL » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

So in other words London sued for peace, and it was Russia/US vs Axis LOL

SithlordRPGA

Re: So we played another game of 42 yesterday

Post by SithlordRPGA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes then to make matters worse he blamed us when he lost his navy, said we didn't do enough to help protect it.

The running joke was my original sub lasted the longest of all the navy pieces in the Atlantic