Tournament Rules for 1942???

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
skinny1

Re: Tournament Rules for 1942???

Post by skinny1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Imperious leader wrote:
Do you know if there will be any historical rules like the AARHE for Revised? I just started looking at those and the LHTR 2.0. I have not had a chance to use them to see how much it alters the game or what rules it adds. Is AA42 using rules from LHTR or AARHE?
AARHE was designed for Revised and yes alot of ideas seemed to have found their way into AA50. The costs of AARHE units and types of units in it have found their way into the new games: Cruisers, Mechanized- Infantry, Fighter-Bombers, as well as lower prices for naval.

Use the AARHE 4.0 rules for AA42. They will work because the map is basically the same. The only alteration might be to keep the AA42 unit values and prices only if you don't play with the optional units. If you do you must use the unit values in AARHE 4.0.

Many hundreds have played it over the years and it remains a very innovative ruleset.

Let me know if their are any glitches and please DL my map file for AA42 and you got a special game.
Which map do you recommend for AA42? I think you have 3 options on AA.org.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Supreme map definatly. You can't go wrong with that
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

skinny1

Post by skinny1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Imperious leader wrote:Supreme map definatly. You can't go wrong with that
How would that be printed? The other map, Deluxe Map DinA3 v1.0, has color coded territories like Revised, and instructions to set the printer to tile it since it is in 12 sections. The Supreme Map looks to be 1 piece so my printer would not be able to tile it. Would I have to take it to a print shop or a store like Office Depot? Also, what are the dimensions in inches of the 2 maps? I have limited table space and would have to set out an IPC tracker like in Revised. Thanks.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat May 01, 2010 1:09 am

Anything can be tiled by setting your printer on poster print settings.

If you take it to the printers they just print it as it is, so why you need it tiled anyway which requires you to tape each section together rather than roll it up in a 36 inch mailing tube for storage when not in use.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

skinny1

Post by skinny1 » Sat May 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Imperious leader wrote:Anything can be tiled by setting your printer on poster print settings.

If you take it to the printers they just print it as it is, so why you need it tiled anyway which requires you to tape each section together rather than roll it up in a 36 inch mailing tube for storage when not in use.
Ok. Thanks IL.