Can't ignore my sub?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
frog

Can't ignore my sub?

Post by frog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 am

In turn one, my opponent has a sub and a transport in the same zone.

I attack with just a sub.

I say the sub dies because it cannot fight, and I am ignoring the sub.

My opponent says it's his choice to submerge and he chooses not to, thus he rolls a one and I a six. Ending in his sub and transport surviving.

Is this correct?

Thanks Krieg.

calvinhobbesliker

Re: Can't ignore my sub?

Post by calvinhobbesliker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:46 am

If he submerged the sub, the transport automatically dies. If he kept it to fight, and you rolled what you rolled, then your sub would be dead

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Calvinhobbesliker is correct. You can only ignore enemy subs and transports during movement phases. If you attack a sea zone, you attack everything in it.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Similar question (we are playing AA50)
Re: Transport and bombardment, but I understand rules are the same for both games in this concern (correct me if I'm wrong, have not played the new AA42). Jap has just a transport in sz 49 (Borneo). US comes in w/BB, ftr (ftr in sea battle) +2 loaded tpt to amp Borneo. If US attacks the tpt, the BB can't bombard correct? because there was a sea battle. If he wants to bombard, he must ignore tpt right? So tpt would survive.

calvinhobbesliker

Post by calvinhobbesliker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 pm

WILD BILL wrote:Similar question (we are playing AA50)
Re: Transport and bombardment, but I understand rules are the same for both games in this concern (correct me if I'm wrong, have not played the new AA42). Jap has just a transport in sz 49 (Borneo). US comes in w/BB, ftr (ftr in sea battle) +2 loaded tpt to amp Borneo. If US attacks the tpt, the BB can't bombard correct? because there was a sea battle. If he wants to bombard, he must ignore tpt right? So tpt would survive.
Correct

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Yup.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. Just proving a point to my enemy :twisted:

callmemrv

Post by callmemrv » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 am

WILD BILL wrote:Jap has just a transport in sz 49 (Borneo). US comes in w/BB, ftr (ftr in sea battle) +2 loaded tpt to amp Borneo. If US attacks the tpt, the BB can't bombard correct? because there was a sea battle. If he wants to bombard, he must ignore tpt right? So tpt would survive.

Ok, I am a little confused with this one. If the Jap transport is the only vessel in the sz for Japan and the US brings in a battleship to bombard the for amp assault and the fighter for the sea battle as stated would the fighter not take out the Jap trnsport and allow the battleship to bombard as the amp assault takes place? Or am i reading the set-up wrong?