Strategic Bombing Raid repairs/production

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.

Strategic Bombing Raid repairs/production

Post by callmemrv » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Let me first say that I love this forum! It is great to get so many good questions and awesome answers (thogh sometimes i miss what the abbreviations mean). So here is my question regarding strategic bombing raids. I have fallen into the trap laid by the programmers at and have been playing AA42 and revised there. I have not paid the $20 but have found that if i go into the gathering place and create a table I can choose to be the Allies and play against the computer. So this is what i have done.
During this online game play I use bombers from UK to strategic raid Berlin. I have succeded in knocking it down to -20 and continue to pound it round after round and have also brought southern europe to -12. Each time the IC are repaired but no re-enforcements are placed due to the inability to produce with negative IPC value. One time Germany had 81 IPC's built up until Russia took over Berlin.

Last night in actual human game play I attempted the same but was confronted with when IC are bombed if the IPC's are paid at the beginning of the affected players turn that the IC can produce the number of freed IPC's.

For example; UK bombs Germany IC with a 12 damage Germany is now -2 and also bombs Southern Europe with a 6; Southern Europe is at 0. On Germany's turn the pay 18 IPC's to instantly heal the IC and can produce troops.

What is the correct scenario? IC suffers damage and cannot produce even when damage is paid for? Or IC instantly heals when paid in full and can produce from that IC on that turn? Now if the damage was only 5 to Germany then I could see instant repair and 5 production.

Personnally I like from attacker point of view that no production can be made.

Thanks for the input

Re: Strategic Bombing Raid repairs/production

Post by turner » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:09 pm

I am assuming that the 1942 game is the same as the 50th Anniversary edition and the Global 1940 versions.

When you pay to repair the damage, you may on the same turn produce units from the repaired IC.

So if there is 10 damage on a (capacity 10) industrial complex then if you pay 10 for repairs you may build 10 units at the industrial complex that turn.