IPC missing?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
clori

IPC missing?

Post by clori » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Everyone,

I've just got a copy of Axis and Allies 1942. When I opened the box there was not any IPCs (money) included. It doesn't say they should be any included, but it seems weird to me that the IPC were not included. I've played the orginal and both the orginal Europe and Pearl Habour, all of which had IPC included.

My questions are:

Should have the IPC been included in Axis and Allies 1942?

If they should not have been, how do you guys and gals keep track of each players IPC's on hand?

Krieghund

Re: IPC missing?

Post by Krieghund » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Welcome, clori!

Paper IPCs were not included in the 1942 Edition (or any games published since then). There are many methods of tracking powers' IPC "stashes". You can write it down on a piece of paper, use poker chips, use coins, or use play money. Of course, you can always use the IPCs from an older A&A game.

We hope you enjoy the game!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

clori

Post by clori » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks Krieghund for the quick reply.

Dr. Shades

Post by Dr. Shades » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 am

Hi clori:

You're in luck! The guy who runs HistoricalBoardGaming.com has responded to this very demand and has produced Axis & Allies-specific IPCs. Not only do they look much better than the old ones, but they come with a "20" IPC denomination as well--something the old games sorely needed.

After I bought and started using these, I wondered how I ever got along without them. You can order them yourself at:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HB ... _p_12.html