Two copies or only one?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.

Two copies or only one?

Post by BattleOfBotanyBay » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I've been vaguely considering buying a copy of this game, but some of the comments online that I've read about it suggest acquiring another copy for the extra figures because some of the unit types can come close to running out mid-game. Others feel that the unit numbers are fine, and the chips are more than enough to cover any such needs.

I think that I can easily afford another copy for the extra pieces if it's really necessary, but I'd hate to waste the money if it's not. What seems to be the general consensus? One copy or two?

Re: Two copies or only one?

Post by pellulo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 am

Go in with a gaming partner & split the plastic units & dump the rest of the cardboard for parts on the For Sale section(or just keep it and trade off or use as needed). Thanks, Pellulo

Post by mngoatjoe » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:11 pm

If you print a large copy of IL's map (which I highly recommend), then two sets of units is really useful. But if using the map in the box, then I think the board gets too crowded if you don't use chips.

Post by Coldwarrior1984 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:09 pm

I once ran out of Japanese tanks. Even using the chips, I had more maneuver elements for the Japanese armor than I had tanks to use...I ended up stealing a tank from Attack! to put on the stack of chips.

I am planning on getting a second game for 3 reasons.

1. I ran out of tanks (see above)

2. I can play a double-blind game!

3. I have a big map being printed.