7 Powers scenario for Spring 1942

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
Hobbes77

7 Powers scenario for Spring 1942

Post by Hobbes77 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:52 am

Hello all,

I've been trying a few variations for Spring 1942, using AA50 and AA40 as ideas. The best scenario so far has been the 7 Powers version, where Italy and China/ANZAC are added. If anyone wants to try something a little different, here it goes:

Turn Order & Starting Income
Russia 24
Germany 33
Italy 7
United Kingdom 27
Japan 30
United States 38
China/ANZAC 7

Territory & unit changes
* Russia originally owns Belorussia, West Russia and Ukraine S.S.R.
* Italy owns Southern Europe (capital), Libya and all land/air units on those territories, plus the 1 BB, 1 TRN on SZ14. Also remove 1 German FTR from Balkans and add 1 Italian FTR to Southern Europe.
* United Kingdom originally owns French Indochina, East Indies and Borneo.
* United States originally owns: Philippine Islands and Wake Island.
* China/ANZAC owns China, Sinkiang, Australia (capital) and New Zealand, including the land/air units on those territories and the naval units on SZ40. They are also the original owner of: Kwantung, New Guinea and Solomon Islands.

elbowmaster

Re: 7 Powers scenario for Spring 1942

Post by elbowmaster » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Cool 8)

timerover51

Post by timerover51 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 am

Hobbes77 wrote:Hello all,

I've been trying a few variations for Spring 1942, using AA50 and AA40 as ideas. The best scenario so far has been the 7 Powers version, where Italy and China/ANZAC are added. If anyone wants to try something a little different, here it goes:

Russia 24
Germany 33
Italy 7
United Kingdom 27
Japan 30
United States 38
China/ANZAC 7

Territory & unit changes
* Italy owns Southern Europe (capital), Libya and all land/air units on those territories, plus the 1 BB, 1 TRN on SZ14. Also remove 1 German FTR from Balkans and add 1 Italian FTR to Southern Europe.
* China/ANZAC owns China, Sinkiang, Australia (capital) and New Zealand, including the land/air units on those territories and the naval units on SZ40. They are also the original owner of: Kwantung, New Guinea and Solomon Islands.
I have been working on adding Italy to the Classic game, the original Europe game, and the Revised game, ever since the Anniversary Edition came out with Italian units. That was the main reason that I bought 3 Anniversary games. I have also modified the original Pacific game to 6 players: the US, British India, Australia/New Zealand, the Netherlands East Indies, China, and Japan. The Pacific mod works pretty well, as getting 5 Allied players to cooperate is not easy.

The problem with adding Italy is that you really need to adjust the IPC values in Europe to give Italy enough to work with. So doing it within the context of the existing values is tough. Italy produced a fair amount of military equipment during the war, the main problem being that much of it was obsolescent to obsolete, as for Italy, the war really started in 1935 with the invasion of Ethiopia, and continued with the Spanish Civil War.

With respect to the Pacific, you would be better off leaving the US to play China, and putting the ANZAC forces with India. Give them the Netherlands East Indies, and a IC in Australia and India. Best if you can use some different colored units for those troops.

Hobbes77

Post by Hobbes77 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 pm

timerover51 wrote:
Hobbes77 wrote:Hello all,

Russia 24
Germany 33
Italy 7
United Kingdom 27
Japan 30
United States 38
China/ANZAC 7

Territory & unit changes
I have been working on adding Italy to the Classic game, the original Europe game, and the Revised game, ever since the Anniversary Edition came out with Italian units. That was the main reason that I bought 3 Anniversary games. I have also modified the original Pacific game to 6 players: the US, British India, Australia/New Zealand, the Netherlands East Indies, China, and Japan. The Pacific mod works pretty well, as getting 5 Allied players to cooperate is not easy.

The problem with adding Italy is that you really need to adjust the IPC values in Europe to give Italy enough to work with. So doing it within the context of the existing values is tough. Italy produced a fair amount of military equipment during the war, the main problem being that much of it was obsolescent to obsolete, as for Italy, the war really started in 1935 with the invasion of Ethiopia, and continued with the Spanish Civil War.

With respect to the Pacific, you would be better off leaving the US to play China, and putting the ANZAC forces with India. Give them the Netherlands East Indies, and a IC in Australia and India. Best if you can use some different colored units for those troops.
Giving the ANZAC starting a starting IC on India is to force the Allies to defend it against Japan or give J a free IC. Buying and placing one on Australia with my setup forces the Japanese to go after it or risk being eliminated from the Pacific.

My idea is really to change as little as possible from 1942, the reason why I didn't change the IPC values or add more units, and changed the turn order to retain nearly all of the options available during the first round.