Fortress Europe: Atlantic Wall Variant

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
Coldwarrior1984

Fortress Europe: Atlantic Wall Variant

Post by Coldwarrior1984 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Has anyone come up with a house rule to reflect the fortification of the French coast (the Atlantic Wall)?

It was a rather large part of WWII.

I was thinking of using a token, perhaps a bunker from A&A D-Day, and placing it in France to denote the buildup of the Atlantic Wall. The piece would cost 15 IPCs. It would not be able to move, but it would defend against any sea invasion by rolling a die for every unit trying to land (excluding aircraft - there is already an AA gun in France) and would score a hit on a 1-2, like artillery.

I think this would reflect the actual conflict better without unbalancing the game. I would also allow the UK to scramble up to 3 fighters for the defense of Britain from any air attack to reflect their use of Radar to vector their fighters during the Battle of Britain.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

pellulo

Re: Fortress Europe: Atlantic Wall Variant

Post by pellulo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 am

To counter the wall, all BBs & Cruisers get a hit at it, including all type of bombers, a hit would cancel a counterstrike from the wall. Each round of play, the wall would reduce its ability to defend as the game goes on, round after round. After all parts of Fr. was more heavily defended, like the ports compared to the coastal beaches. Thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo