Axis way to strong?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
Ironside

Axis way to strong?

Post by Ironside » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 am

I'm playing in a league and we play a minimun of 4 games of 1942 per month.

Now it seem that it so much easyer to win with the Axis then Allies, I'm taking about 2 players same strengh, usually the axis will win (unless the dice are really bad all night) but in average Axis win most of the games.

Its easy to get the 2 Axis power rushing the Russian and most of the time by turn 4 Moscow fall and the games is pretty much over.

Hopefully the new 1942 coming out in July will have some new rules or at least a new unit setup to make it more even.

Don't get me wrong I love the game but it just seem unbalanced right now.

Hobbes77

Re: Axis way to strong?

Post by Hobbes77 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Ironside wrote:I'm playing in a league and we play a minimun of 4 games of 1942 per month.

Now it seem that it so much easyer to win with the Axis then Allies, I'm taking about 2 players same strengh, usually the axis will win (unless the dice are really bad all night) but in average Axis win most of the games.
IMO, Allies have the steeper learning than the Axis but from my playing experience (I've played an average of 10 or more games online since it came out) it is balanced.
Its easy to get the 2 Axis power rushing the Russian and most of the time by turn 4 Moscow fall and the games is pretty much over.
How does that usually happen? What are the buys/moves for turn 1?

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Thats funny every time I played 1942 the axis lose no matter who plays them

RyGuy

Post by RyGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm seeing the same thing as Ironside. In all the games I've played, Japan always becomes unstoppable. The only thing that ever prevents an Axis victory is if Germany falls.

What I really want to understand is how you stop Japan, because I can't seem to figure it out. If the US tries to move their fleet towards Japan or south of Japan it is too easy for Japan to destroy them with planes and their ships (if they didn't lose any battleships or carriers stupidly). On Asia they're always unopposed. I tried building IC's in India and Sinkiang in a recent game but they didn't have a quick enough effect, and it puts America on three fronts and the UK can't put as much pressure on Germany.

If the Axis do their jobs correctly, my games always end up with Russia being sandwiched, Japan dominating Asia and the Pacific, the response too slow by UK/US in Europe. I think a common strategy is to go all out Europe by the US and just give up on Japan, but what the heck? I want to crush Japan dammit!

Ironside

Post by Ironside » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I said In average the Axis win, when you played with a good Axis player it is really hard to win so SithlordRPGA Please show me how you do it and challenge me for an online game and I'll show you what I met.

Like RyGuy said It is hard to take on Japan against an experience player, the only good way to win against Axis is for the US to put eveything is got VS Germany...

An other poorf that the game might not been as well balanced as people might think, during tournement they allow Russia to start with an extra infantry (R3 bid)

I just hope they made some change in the 2nd edition!!

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:25 pm

How do I play online? I'd gladly play you

Ironside

Post by Ironside » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Try this, create a profile and look for me!

http://www.gametableonline.com/welcome.php

mib515

Post by mib515 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes I agree. And 1942 Second Edition does not fix that. However, we have worked out some modifications to achieve a balance.