Ever get too cocky?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.

Ever get too cocky?

Post by SithlordRPGA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm

We played 2nd edition yesterday we had four players so I played axis the other three split the allies (we had a new player so we gave her USA).

Well Germany just blew up out of the gate and took over almost all of Europe and the boarder of Russia and North tip of Africa into Egypt.

Japan wiped out the US fleet at Pearl I rolled seven 1s on the first round of attack. I was unstoppable so I got cocky and got my copy of Mein Kampf and dropped it on the table and told everyone this will be a test on Monday, yeah right after that things didn't go so well. Note to self never get cocky on round 2 LOL

Re: Ever get too cocky?

Post by WILD BILL » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 am

I got a chuckle out of this post, thanks Sithlord. It all about attitude, until the dice screw you.

Re: Ever get too cocky?

Post by AC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

I played spring 1942 against a new axis and allies player yesterday. I was the allies and he was the axis. It was his first time but he is a major gamer. I got very cocky and thought Russia alone would deal with him until he almost wiped out my whole soviet army and Japan had taken all of eastern Russia and China. I eventually turned the tide and won but lesson learned.

Know your enemy and know yourself I guess.