Industrial complex builds in China - 2nd ed.

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
nzcamel

Industrial complex builds in China - 2nd ed.

Post by nzcamel » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:41 am

Just read up the second edition rules for Pacific 1940.
Given what is written re factories, can I -as Japan- build a major industrial complex on, say, Kiangsu? It's originally controlled by Japan (from the start of the game anyway) and is a 3 IPC territory.

I'm pretty sure in Alpha 3 it was ruled that as it had the Chinese symbol on it, it isn't considered originally Japanese controlled; hence Japan can only build a minor industrial complex there...
As the rules aren't explicit (nor the FAQ); is that still the case in 2nd edition?

Krieghund

Re: Industrial complex builds in China - 2nd ed.

Post by Krieghund » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Japan cannot build a major industrial complex there. From page 8 of the Rulebook:
When the rules refer to the “original controller” of a territory, they mean the power whose emblem is printed on the territory. (A few territories in China have a Chinese emblem on them but are controlled by Japan at the start of the game. These territories are considered to belong to China originally, but have been captured by Japan.)
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

nzcamel

Re: Industrial complex builds in China - 2nd ed.

Post by nzcamel » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:50 pm

I skimmed the set up info lol
Thank you Krieghund.