Pacific40 Pics and Europe40 Questions

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
Patchaman123

Re: Pacific40 Pics and Europe40 Questions

Post by Patchaman123 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Emperor_Taiki wrote:
Larry wrote:What kind of units will France have besides its own infantry sculpt? French tanks, artillery or ships??? or will they be like the US/UK type units.
For the moment France will have only French Infantry as a dedicated French piece.
Is is true that Europe 40 will be out in June of 2010?? (I hope so, because that gives me and my AA friends some time to play in the summer when I am less busy.) You bet...

Your not even going to give them their own tank Larry?

Every other nation has their onw tank after all?
I would really like to see a Char B. It would add quite a bit of flavor to the battle of france.
I would like to see a Dewoitane D 520 fighter in the game, too. That too would add flavor. The Dewoitane D 520 was a French fighter plane during World War II, that was comparable to the German Messerschmitt 109 and it dogfight with it, too. Unlike the other French fighters then in service.
d520-2.jpg
The Dewoitine D. 520 French figther aircraft.
d520-2.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 2886 times

Variable

Post by Variable » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm

How many French infantry are included in E40? I'm happy they are finally becoming their own power. Us House Rule and AA Variant junkies are stoked! Make sure they are a nice dark blue, no bright blue please!

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Variable wrote:How many French infantry are included in E40? I'm happy they are finally becoming their own power. Us House Rule and AA Variant junkies are stoked! Make sure they are a nice dark blue, no bright blue please!
Well, France will be 3 territories, and WOTC always supply the games with less units than what is needed for the set-up, so I figure the game will come with 2 French infantry.

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 pm

When both games are available, and, put together for play purposes, will it be just a giant version of the Anniversary game?(in terms of mechanics of play, not plastic playing pieces quality, etc.).

Also will this be a limited set as the Anniversary game?, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 am

It's more than a giant version of Anniversary. Two new unit types (tactical bombers and mechanized infantry) and several new game mechanics (including convoy raids and defensive air unit scrambling) have been introduced. Also, neutral territories are represented.

These games are not limited editions.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

pellulo

Post by pellulo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Would it it be just as good to add an optional booster pack, to up grade your basic anniversary game, rather than have to buy a completely new game, just to play with a few newest parts/rules(like what the Memoix'44 people do)?, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo