SCENARIO ALPHA PACIFIC 40

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
Jak o' the Shadows

Re: SCENARIO ALPHA PACIFIC 40

Post by Jak o' the Shadows » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:01 pm

kungfujew wrote:Perhaps, in addition to all these changes, the territory of "Germany" could get. Major IC instead of just a minor?
YES :D I agree!!!

Infrastructure

Post by Infrastructure » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:12 pm

I lOVE the new scramble rules!!!

No more massive stacks of ftrs on an island group!!!
More masterful manipulation of navies!

Cool.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 pm

For sure I'll draft the most current rule changes and post them... I hope that will cut down on pure speculations and promote more play testing. I'll try to compile this list of changes sometime today. Thanks

Funcioneta

Post by Funcioneta » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Larry wrote:Well some of you... especially you Foremir, will be happy to lean that the UK Government in exile idea is rather quickly fading away as a possible change. In the final annalists it simply aint Axis & Allies. I ran it up the pole to see who saluted it. I often do that... I ended up with more people going AWOL than saluting on this one. :D

Larry
Well, I not happy. In fact, I'm very disappointed: exiled capital should be a core rule for ALL the powers ... we have asked that rule from years and now when appears, some people say not. I cannot believe it!

Sea Lion? Well, that's one of the strats that can kill the game if there is not a exiled capital rule. Some people say that can be done G4 without much chance of failure ... maybe we want a UK player sitted doing basically the same that France (nothing)? Not, specially when India has also lots of chances of falling. Of course, a successfull well planed Sea Lion can force USA to ignore Japan, at least for some rounds, and I thought that we wanted avoid that, not?

And it's worst: some times UK can get confused, make some wrong and let open, say 50% of chances of losing UK whitout Germany aving to risk much (lucky shots anyone?) ... that screws the game.

If Sea Lion is possible, the exiled capital rule is a pressing must

So I say YES with capital Y to the exiled capitals

I don't want to say that what you're asking for (exiled governments) is not doable but I have my doubts. However, what you bring up, and especially when coupled with the new victory conditions, could mean that all the original players could find a haven and set up an exiled government there. In this way they could continue to be in the game to the very end. The very end of course being when one of the sides achieves a victory condition.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Larry wrote:For sure I'll draft the most current rule changes and post them... I hope that will cut down on pure speculations and promote more play testing. I'll try to compile this list of changes sometime today. Thanks
Please do so...I like that your open to all these changes, but you've got to make up your mind. :roll:

Yes, give us the official "Alpha+" setup complete with ruel changes, NO changes and such and then we will commence playtesting for a while. I'm assuming you ran through this with Kreighund...I think he is a fantastic deliberator.
8)

Have you got any other instructions ? :roll:

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Wow, we ask for it (scramble changes), looks like we might get it. Now what in the hell do we do with it (LOL). I see some definite changes to the UK navy. and an increase to the Luftwaffe to compensate. I think over all it would be an improvement to the game, we'll just have to muddle through it for a while to get it right :D

Just a side note w/new scramble rule an AB on Sicily may not be needed as much, because you could use the AB on the boot (N. Italy) to aid the Italian navy. A later AB build on Sicily or S Italy would double the amount of units that could scramble to those sz though.

Is there any chance of this spilling over into land tt at a later date?

Well ... it's certainly not far from there already. My problem is the fact that with this limited naval scramble rule aircraft have not exactly crossed the line and have become WAY TOO POWERFUL a weapon when compared to the other units as a whole. Allowing them to attack neighboring territories that are being attacked is probably too much capability for aircraft units. Do you see the can of worms that's beginning to open up here?

The part in red I think is from Larry? I didn't type it WB

but if it is from Larry, I get the point.
Last edited by WILD BILL on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

No can of worms, but you can always increase cost of the AB if you find it too powerful.

Planes should be able to scramble to ANY ONE adjacent area on defense and that applies to land or sea.

Not 3 spaces, just one and only fighters.

Hey IL... You don't have to post. I always already know what you're going to say... not that you're wrong but I know what you're going say before you say it.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

questioneer wrote:
Larry wrote:For sure I'll draft the most current rule changes and post them... I hope that will cut down on pure speculations and promote more play testing. I'll try to compile this list of changes sometime today. Thanks
Please do so...I like that your open to all these changes, but you've got to make up your mind. :roll:

Yes, give us the official "Alpha+" setup complete with ruel changes, NO changes and such and then we will commence playtesting for a while. I'm assuming you ran through this with Kreighund...I think he is a fantastic deliberator.
8)

Have you got any other instructions ? :roll:

yes I do, hurry up and finish this thing, I sick of playing a different version every week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :?

Sealion... no sealion... scramble... no scramble... Exile... no exile...
You change your mind like a woman changes clothes... :P

Hey Barns... take a day off. You don't have to be a prick everyday of your life. (quote from the movie Platoon) .