SCENARIO ALPHA PACIFIC 40

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
MarkVIIIMarc

Re: SCENARIO ALPHA PACIFIC 40

Post by MarkVIIIMarc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm fine with the current scramble rule. It forces America to go after Japanese money and not just plow into the Japanese Fleet.

Agree with the others changing it would require 1-more German subs or air units. More Japanese subs and naval units.

BTW, I wouldn't be adverse to trading 2 Japanese Fighters and a tac bomber for 2 subs and 2 destroyers in the set up. It would lower the number of scrambling fighters Japan has by 4 and encourage more Japanese sea aggression with the better attacking, worse defending subs.

New way would make a Navy in India, England, or the US Coasts more defend-able, Japan less.....

Interesting.

Larry did I read someplace you love "house rules"? Ya gotta love all the play testing going on, keeps things fresh.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 pm

questioneer wrote:
questioneer wrote:
Larry wrote:For sure I'll draft the most current rule changes and post them... I hope that will cut down on pure speculations and promote more play testing. I'll try to compile this list of changes sometime today. Thanks
Please do so...I like that your open to all these changes, but you've got to make up your mind. :roll:

Yes, give us the official "Alpha+" setup complete with ruel changes, NO changes and such and then we will commence playtesting for a while. I'm assuming you ran through this with Kreighund...I think he is a fantastic deliberator.
8)

Have you got any other instructions ? :roll:

yes I do, hurry up and finish this thing, I sick of playing a different version every week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :?

Sealion... no sealion... scramble... no scramble... Exile... no exile...
You change your mind like a woman changes clothes... :P

Hey Barns... take a day off. You don't have to be a prick everyday of your life. (quote from the movie Platoon) .
"Nah, you'd miss me too much"- quote from the movie Avatar :wink:

From Larry: " the new setup- Alpha Alpha ++ Essentially just change your mind every 2 days, better yet, just throw some random pieces on the board and starting playing." :P

Ok, I'll take a day off now. :oops:

Jak o' the Shadows

Post by Jak o' the Shadows » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Speaking of random stuff on the board. How about a little love for Germany and Italy.

Is there anything in the works as far as adding a few more air units for Germany? This is pre-battle of Brittian.....the Luftflotte should be a little larger.....especially if the new scramble rule is going to go into effect.

As it is currently most G1's see 2 fighters lost on average......and Germany can barely afford to build more because you are forced to build all land units to keep from being overrun by Russia. Germany has about 3 turns of advantage in Russia before the Russian stacks outnumber you.....then it's all downhill from there.

I know there are others out there that also see this almost every game.

Germany can take Lenningrad and then can not push any farther because of allies invasions. :x

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Jak o' the Shadows wrote:Speaking of random stuff on the board. How about a little love for Germany and Italy.
That's what I'm wondering, seems like most of these changes are for the Allies- though I guess I gotta wait to see the whole list Larry's making for Alpha +

Infrastructure

Post by Infrastructure » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Oh man, I'm drooling over the new scramble rules. The fight for both sides of the Baltic, Italy defending its fleet in the Med., RAF defending the Channel, Luft. defending the opening of the baltic, eventually perhaps defending the fleet from Novgorod, Gibralter become mighty dangerous... I see more fighting, more often!!! I see less inf purchases and more navy and aircraft, I see less 16 IPC carriers for coastal defense and more airbases near the coast to ward off invaders. Silly Rabbits, Carriers are the backbones of fleets at sea, not on shore! No more massive ftr stacks on small islands. Mucho points for increased realism! This is the best improvement.

soooooooo cool!
Thanks again.

Infrastructure

Post by Infrastructure » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm not sure the europe set up needs much change. Britian needs those ftrs for defense too. Or else sealion is more dreamy. It basically means that most likely the dest and tran in 109 survive and the Germans might lose another ftr in compensation because Britian will need to retreat after one round with its ftrs after risking them for one round to hopefully get 2 hits...

The italians now get a ftr to help defend their fleet. (maybe have both ftrs start in n. italy though...)

Infrastructure

Post by Infrastructure » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Hey,

Any news on Neutral fixes?

kungfujew

Post by kungfujew » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I don't see why you need to change the neutral rules. They work fine and makw sense.