Alpha .2

The sister game to Axis & Allies Pacific 1940. Due out August 24, 2010
Harold29

Alpha .2

Post by Harold29 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Do these new global rules correlate at all to the individual pacific or europe scenarios?

Krieghund

Re: Alpha .2

Post by Krieghund » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 am

While there hasn't been a concerted effort to tailor them to the individual games yet, there's no reason why you couldn't apply them. In the Europe game, you'd need to replace the two ANZAC infantry in Egypt with one UK infantry. The US would use NOs 1 and 5 in Europe and 1-4 in Pacific. Further tweaks may be needed for balance, but we won't know for sure until more testing is done.

If you give it a try, let us know how it turns out.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Sergente_nella_neve

Post by Sergente_nella_neve » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 am

An what about the turn order??? Should USA go before or after UK? Thanks.

What do you think about this?
1. Germany
2. URSS
3. Italia
4. USA
5. UK
6. France
Creator and Administrator of A&A.IT, the first Italian Community of A&A players on the web

..::Sergente nella neve::..

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

1. Germany
2. Soviet Union
3. United States
4. United Kingdom
5. Italy
6. France
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

mantlefan

Post by mantlefan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Playing Europe and Pacific both, with Alpha +2, USA is pretty weak in both. In Europe they get 50-52, which is acceptable, but in Pacfic they get a pitiful 30 when at war. The 5 of 7 islands is too hard to get and the Phillipines are lost before the USA enters. That's 10 IPCs Japan would never allow USA to get

I think when these games are separate, US Bonus for the continental US needs to be 25 instead of 10 in Pacific and the one in Europe needs to be 15 instead of 10. This will give USA 55 in Europe and 50 in Pac for most turns.

If USA is making only 30 a turn when Japan is easily at 40+ by turn 2, there's no point in even playing.
“A lie never lives to be old.” — Sophocles

Striker

Post by Striker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 am

I think the exact opposite. In the theatre level games the US is putting more money into the theatre then they would actually be able to in the global level game if they split spending. I certainly wouldn't give them anymore.

mantlefan

Post by mantlefan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:31 am

Striker wrote:I think the exact opposite. In the theatre level games the US is putting more money into the theatre then they would actually be able to in the global level game if they split spending. I certainly wouldn't give them anymore.
OK, you play Pacific with the rules where they are now.

Once Japan takes the Philippines, USA maxes out at 30.

Good luck doing anything relevant with that.

I don't even see how the USA being too powerful in either theatre game is an option here.

Maybe you could play a Global game where USA is never allowed to spend more than 17 IPCs in the pac before Japan declares war and more than 30 in the pac (unless they get pacific territories of course) when they are at war.
“A lie never lives to be old.” — Sophocles

Häretiker

Post by Häretiker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Last week I played a Pacific game with A+2 and it was really, really hard to get 30 IPCs as US player, even vs an inexperienced japan player, perhabs the first US NO should in Pacific only games increased to 15 or 20 IPCs.