transport question

The sister game to Axis & Allies Pacific 1940. Due out August 24, 2010
jbano2

transport question

Post by jbano2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:59 am

After playing for the first time i have a question about transport. for the bridging effect must the transport be stationary to use the bridging or can it move on the turn prior to this effect.

for example can i take a transport from 112 load a single troop onto it, move to 110, load a troop onto it from holland, and then do an assult onto United kingdom from the same sea zone. Or do i have to move to another sea zone inorder to be able to attack.

the rule seems to be somewhat unclear and i was wondering what was the proper ruling.

Caractacus

Re: transport question

Post by Caractacus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:38 pm

jbano2 wrote:for example can i take a transport from 112 load a single troop onto it, move to 110, load a troop onto it from holland, and then do an assult onto United kingdom from the same sea zone. Or do i have to move to another sea zone inorder to be able to attack.
You do not have to move another zone to make the attack.
Caractacus.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 am

Welcome, jbano2!

"Bridging" is simply a fancy term for moving land units on a transport when the transport itself doesn't move. In other words, moving them from one territory to another when both territories touch the same sea zone.

Of course, transports may also move units from one territory to another across the sea if the territories are not adjacent to the same sea zone. This requires the transport to move, sometimes for more than one turn, so it isn't considered "bridging" - it's just a normal transport move.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

jbano2

Post by jbano2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 am

so if i understand correctly, transports can move up to 2 sea zones (or 3 with a navel bases), may load legal uints from 1 or 2 of those 3 (or 4) zones it occupied and then end its turn by unloading its troops in the ending sea zone if desired.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 am

Yes.

EthanStyle

Post by EthanStyle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 am

One more transport question... :) :)

(after all transports and submarines have the most rules changes through the different versions)

Playing the Europe/global game how does bridging off ally transports works?

Can you go on and off in the same turn, because the allied transport doesnt have to move...?

(fx. bridging British troops from England to Holland/Belgium via american transports)

much appreciated...
we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:33 am

Welcome, EthanStyle!

When using an ally's transport, you must always load your units on one turn and then ofload on your next turn, even if the transport doesn't move.