First Time 1940 Game -- Minor Adjustments to Balance?

The sister game to Axis & Allies Pacific 1940. Due out August 24, 2010
BogenBlitz

First Time 1940 Game -- Minor Adjustments to Balance?

Post by BogenBlitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 am

Good Morning, All.

I am having a bit of trepidation over playing Europe 1940 as written, especially after reading this Web site.

Are there perhaps 2 or 3 minor changes you might make to better balance this game out? I am not looking to change a whole bunch of things, but looking for your informed opinion on what few changes might lead to a better game for a first time 1940 Europe player.

I have played A&A Pacific 1940 a few times, and have many years 25+ under my belt playing other installments in the series. I tend not to tweak stuff, but I am open to making a better game for my friends tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and advice! Alternate viewpoints and suggestions are very welcome!

BogenBlitz

Re: First Time 1940 Game -- Minor Adjustments to Balance?

Post by BogenBlitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Come on.... I can hardly believe no one has opinions on some of the best small changes to make our game better. Nearly everyone on this site talks about how to change things. I'm merely looking for your top 2 or 3, or rather the best changes to implement if one was to just name a few.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Welcome, BogenBlitz!

The problem may be that most players who have perceived a balance issue are using the Alpha Rules rather than trying to make small changes to the box rules.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

BogenBlitz

Post by BogenBlitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Krieghund wrote:Welcome, BogenBlitz!

The problem may be that most players who have perceived a balance issue are using the Alpha Rules rather than trying to make small changes to the box rules.
Well, that's good news then. I take it from your point of view that the rules -- as written -- result in a balanced match-up?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 pm

More or less.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok