Convoys

Naval strategy and wise economic moves are both critical in waging this far-flung war across an entire hemisphere. To the familiar elements from Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies: Pacific adds convoys, island air and naval bases, kamikazes, destroyers, and the Chinese army.
The General

Convoys

Post by The General » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:29 pm

Could the rule on Convoys be explained here again. It still confuses me. WHat is the correlation between the land and the sea, and when do IPC's get involved?

thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:21 am

Convoy centres are just like land territories - if you control them, you get the IPC's, if your enemy controls them, he/she gets the IPC's.

As for convoy routes - in order for anyone to get the IPC's, the same player (or side) must control BOTH the land territory AND it's associated convoy route. So if you own the land territory, but your enemy owns the sea zone, neither gets the IPC's from the land territory. But if you then claim the sea zone, you get the IPC's.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:Convoy centres are just like land territories - if you control them, you get the IPC's, if your enemy controls them, he/she gets the IPC's.
This is not entirely true. Only the original owner of a convoy center can get income from it. If it is controlled by the enemy, no one gets the money.
Anonymous wrote:As for convoy routes - in order for anyone to get the IPC's, the same player (or side) must control BOTH the land territory AND it's associated convoy route. So if you own the land territory, but your enemy owns the sea zone, neither gets the IPC's from the land territory. But if you then claim the sea zone, you get the IPC's.
This is true, but China is an exception. China gets income (infantry) from territory it controls regardless of the ownership of the corresponding convoy route.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

GROGnads

Convoy Routes for LEND LEASE Variant from the U.S.A.

Post by GROGnads » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:46 am

I don't believe that this subject has been broached yet, so I'll be glad to begin this then. There is a very GOOD alternate 'Victory Conditions' Variant created by the esteemed 'Sinister' for use with the 'Pacific' game. In it, there is the ability to SEND up to '12'-I.P.C.s to the U.K. or Aussie player through LEND LEASE, and I wonder if maybe there ought to be a 'Convoy Route' that is denoted for THIS? Some sort of 'markers' could be made up and then placed so that it could then possibly be 'interdicted', along with the other usual ones. What do the rest of YOU think about this 'proposal'?
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:31 pm

GROGnads, a fellow called oivind22 recently brought up this very subject recently on the Avalon Hill AAP forum. It got me pondering, and I think some kind of lend-lease rule might be an easy solution to the India Crush/Super India Crush problem. It would have to be balanced very carefully, though, to avoid creating the opposite problem and making an India attack impossible for Japan.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Patton_Master

Post by Patton_Master » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:21 am

This game kicks ass!

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Well that's one of putting it Patton.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:11 pm

My gaming group have played a lot Pacific's lately, and this game is without doubt the best A&A game ever. No huge infatry stacks, just plain strategies.

Convoy routes.
Just for playability, in sea-zones adjacent to many territories, the convoy-route should have some kind of grey line link to the territory it represensts.