Japan....can they win the game on thier half?

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Builder_Chris

Japan....can they win the game on thier half?

Post by Builder_Chris » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm

well, can Japan win the game on their half of the board?

its been my experience and its my understanding from other players that unless your facing a noob, Japan doesn't have a chance of winning on their half of the board.

Japan can get 4 VC no problem, they can get 5 VC a lot of games. its a very hard fight to do that but 5 VC is doable. BUT gaining and controlling that 6th VC I don't see it happening UNLESS the allies are noobs or they just totally screw things ups.

what do you think?
Construimus, Batuimus -- "We Build, We Fight.".....we party all night!

jwingram

Re: Japan....can they win the game on thier half?

Post by jwingram » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Given average die rolls, my opinion is no. Japan needs a little bit of luck or some Allied mistakes to win. That being the case, I win less with my old-school "textbook" Japan than I do with some new approaches that I've been using of late.

Jonathan

DessertFox599

Post by DessertFox599 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 am

In my experience, Japan always wins. It is almost impossible for the allies to win period. The axis always pulls ahead and the allies don't stand a chance. Unless the axis make a big mistake like invading strict neutrals, the allies can't win. This problem needs to be fixed.

Builder_Chris

Post by Builder_Chris » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 am

DessertFox599 wrote:In my experience, Japan always wins. It is almost impossible for the allies to win period. The axis always pulls ahead and the allies don't stand a chance. Unless the axis make a big mistake like invading strict neutrals, the allies can't win. This problem needs to be fixed.
let me get this straight, Japan is able to capture and hold 6 of the 8 VC on thier pacific side fo the board and can do this enough for you to be able to say that they "always" win?!?!?

how? becasue this is not the situation in our face to face games. more often then not, the allies win, the axis come close but fall short, esspecially on the pacific side of the map.

maybe we just suck (possible) :shock:
Construimus, Batuimus -- "We Build, We Fight.".....we party all night!