Syrian Convoys and Indian Railroads

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Fantabulor

Syrian Convoys and Indian Railroads

Post by Fantabulor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Hey,

Another two rule clarifications:

1) For territories like Syria that border two 'convoy' sea zones, which sea zone is used to block the convoy? Is it either zone or both or a particular zone? Please clarify how these are to be determined.

2) For Eastern India, is the convoy disruption valid on the British player? It seems counter-intuitive that India would use convoys to transfer wealth within India rather than some sort of railroad system... Please confirm.

Cheers,

Fantabulor
Last edited by Fantabulor on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantabulor

Re: Syrian Convoys and Indian Railroads

Post by Fantabulor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:10 pm

To clarify on point two, I am in a situation where the Indian player only controls Eastern and Western India. It seems odd that the Indians would choose to brave sub-infested waters rather than simply ship their resources overland. Particularly when three of that income is from the destination itself, it seems a bit... misguided. I understand in the case of Britain where its production depends on overseas possessions, as sinking the convoy at departure or arrival achieves the same goal. Since this is not the case with India, I'm wondering if the convoy disruption might only take effect after Britain loses control of the territory, as Japan would then be shipping resources to their homeland.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 am

1) The IPCs can be lost from either or both. See the example of Scotland on page 24 of the Rulebook.

2) Yes. Think of it as coastal shipping.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Fantabulor

Post by Fantabulor » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification!