Unstoppable German Bombers

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
kjrunft

Unstoppable German Bombers

Post by kjrunft » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Larry,

Not sure if you are still involved in Global, but lately there has evolved an extraordinary powerful German strategy of buying fleets of bombers that can strike everywhere from Western Europe. Basically, Japan ties up the US and Germany sweeps the board for the 8 VC win in Europe.

There is talk the game may be broken with this strategy unless there is some further tweeks, like making ftrs defend at 2 in SBR or more units for allies.

Here is the topic at A&A.org.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind ... ic=35390.0

I am not one to easily say any strategy is fool proof, but having now lost many games to this with even 20+ allied bids, I am beginning to wonder.

Take a look.

:D

Elrood

Re: Unstoppable German Bombers

Post by Elrood » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:01 am

The big issue here is: the Battle Calculator.

Dont forget that A&A is designed to be a Board game, so usually you have to make a rough count of units and add some guts to attack somewhere..

imho the BC rather strongly influences the general strategies in TripleA.
So I dont know if Harry or Krieghund are the right adressees for such issue... :?

kjrunft

Re: Unstoppable German Bombers

Post by kjrunft » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Elrood wrote:The big issue here is: the Battle Calculator.

Dont forget that A&A is designed to be a Board game, so usually you have to make a rough count of units and add some guts to attack somewhere..

imho the BC rather strongly influences the general strategies in TripleA.
So I dont know if Harry or Krieghund are the right adressees for such issue... :?

Interesting point.

Actually this strategy has seen some good counters grow up against it, namely a more aggressive USSR, a higher allied bid, and throwing loaded allied carriers into the Atlantic for sacrifice.

The German's usually get one good punch, and if it doesn't go well, they are in real trouble.